Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+28, 21 pts, 2 ast, 7 rbd)
7.89%
3 7.89%
Maxi (+21, 9 pts, 5 ast, 10 rbd)
0%
0 0%
DP (+20, 25 pts, 1 ast, 9 rbd, 11-12 FG)
92.11%
35 92.11%
Luka (+26, 18 pts, 13 ast, 8 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 59 DIRKIE: Winner DP (92%) | Runner-up DFS (8%)
(04-24-2021, 10:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Perma-ban watch on those who don't vote for DP.....

No perman-ban, if you don´t vote for DFS, who singlehandedly kept the team in this game for three quarters.

Powell was fantastic.

Sadly he also showed us that Carlisle´s system of (successful) basketball and Porzingis are a major roster misfit, that probably can´t be fixed, cause you won´t convince Porzingis he´s just a SuperPowell.

Furthermore I doubt he has the mobility/awareness to be a SuperPowell and worst of all, this style would massively increase his injury risk.

Conspiracy theory: Mavs know that this rim-rolling role with Porzingis would be more successful for the team (even if he´s not great at it), but they don´t want to risk another big "trade away"-ending injury.
Like Reply
@"Scott41theMavs" 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
DP gets it, although Doe Doe deserves any votes he gets as well. Dude is on fire! 

I appreciate the good game by Powell, but we need to tap the brakes on assuming this is what we'll see the rest of the year. I think Powell's performance in this game confirms just what a terrible defender Drummond is. 

He's fool's gold. Puts up gaudy rebound numbers and almost 20ppg, but has little impact on winning. And possibly the worst P&R defense I've ever seen.

And half the board wanted to give up an asset for him. 
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 07:02 AM)Kammrath Wrote: @"Scott41theMavs" 

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohze3WJpp.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 07:09 AM)embellisher Wrote: DP gets it, although Doe Doe deserves any votes he gets as well. Dude is on fire! 

I appreciate the good game by Powell, but we need to tap the brakes on assuming this is what we'll see the rest of the year. I think Powell's performance in this game confirms just what a terrible defender Drummond is. 

He's fool's gold. Puts up gaudy rebound numbers and almost 20ppg, but has little impact on winning. And possibly the worst P&R defense I've ever seen.

And half the board wanted to give up an asset for him. 

The other half including me were right...
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 07:11 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The other half including me were right...

I was in the half that wanted no part of Drummond.  Angel
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 08:00 AM)embellisher Wrote: I was in the half that wanted no part of Drummond.  Angel

https://media.giphy.com/media/UjCXeFnYcI2R2/giphy.gif
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 07:02 AM)Kammrath Wrote: @"Scott41theMavs" 

What up?

I voted for Dodo after watching my DVR of the second half, btw.
Like Reply
This was a great team win.  Luka, DFS, and Maxi played great...but DP gets my Dirkie.  I would say that DP is back!
Like Reply
Probably time to change Scott's title to Powell Haters Club Member... Big Grin
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 03:39 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: No perman-ban, if you don´t vote for DFS, who singlehandedly kept the team in this game for three quarters.

Powell was fantastic.

Sadly he also showed us that Carlisle´s system of (successful) basketball and Porzingis are a major roster misfit, that probably can´t be fixed, cause you won´t convince Porzingis he´s just a SuperPowell.

Furthermore I doubt he has the mobility/awareness to be a SuperPowell and worst of all, this style would massively increase his injury risk.

Conspiracy theory: Mavs know that this rim-rolling role with Porzingis would be more successful for the team (even if he´s not great at it), but they don´t want to risk another big "trade away"-ending injury.

Or we just need a rim-roller next to KP and Luka.
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 08:52 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: This was a great team win.  Luka, DFS, and Maxi played great...but DP gets my Dirkie.  I would say that DP is back!

Maxi played good defense, but I did not like that in the 4th, he had 3 open 3's to take and opted for a weird floater (missed), a mid-range shot (missed) and a pass which generated a turnover. Gotta take those shots Maxi.
Like Reply
Y’all remember Devean George, right? THJ is like the anti-Devean George. “He might win you a game, but he sure as hell could lose you a game as well...”

I’m still a fan, though
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 03:10 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Powell. Not only having his best game of the season but also because he embarassed Drummond. Dear MFFL community. Please repeat after me.

Powell > Drummond and it´s not even close.

Drummond probably deserved the Dirkie as well. I am not happy with KPs defense but Drummond takes it to another level. Rare combination of lack of effort, lack of awareness and lack of quickness.

If anyone watched this game and still doesn't understand why the Mavs felt no extreme desperation to get Drummond in trade, then they'll never understand. He still has plans to get max money this summer, reportedly (I think he's going to be stunned at how wrong that is.).
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 12:24 PM)F Gump Wrote: He still has plans to get max money this summer, reportedly (I think he's going to be stunned at how wrong that is.).

You know, he has been this bad for a while and it hasn't kept him from getting big money before. I'm not sure about max money, but my guess is that another bad team will pay him for the rebounding numbers.
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 12:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You know, he has been this bad for a while and it hasn't kept him from getting big money before. I'm not sure about max money, but my guess is that another bad team will pay him for the rebounding numbers.

"he has been this bad for a while and it hasn't kept him from getting big money before".... Are you sure he was bad when some team chose to give big money?

Coming off rookie scale, after averaging 16 pts 15 rebs, with a PER of about 21-22 every year, and somewhat iffy defense that was hoped would improve, the same team that drafted him 9th gave him a max deal. No one was really surprised. If you think he was known to be "bad" in those first 4 years, so be it, but not sure that was the thought around the league.

In the 5 years since, no one has given him a new deal for max money. Or big money. Or any new deal. It's become apparent his defense isn't going to improve because it's just not important to him. His turnovers have skyrocketed. His teams don't win. Both DET and CLE have moved on from him and his desires for such a deal, although that hasn't dissuaded him, apparently. But I think his market isn't likely to exceed MLE by much, if at all (and not sure he's even worth that).
Like Reply
10 million dollar man.
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 09:02 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Probably time to change Scott's title to Powell Haters Club Member...

Looks like his title is already changed....
Like Reply
I voted for DFS cause I want a new title!
Like Reply
I say RC sends a clear message to Donnie and Mark and starts KP and Luka from here on out. “You give me all bench players, I’ll put them all on the bench”!
Like Reply