Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.0 pt RAPTOR & 11.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
7 77.78%
Pistons
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 57: DET (18-41) @ DAL (31-26) | 127-117 win
While depressed after the recent lackluster and uninspired play, I went back and re-watched the full season highlights last year of Green and Terry.    I would not have picked Green at 18 and I think most draft sites had 3-4 guys ahead of him who were still available at 18.   Although, I still think he is an interesting prospect.   He needs a spot in the rotation next year.    Maybe it is a 10 minute a game spot, maybe more.   I think it will be a bad sign if he does not get consistent minutes next year.    The Mavs made the decision to finally invest in youth.   While 3 out of four rookies are a little raw, they need to start giving at least one room to run next year. 

edit- let me add that Green is such a graceful runner.   We have seen this in his limited play this year.   In his highlights from college, he is often one of the first players down on the other court and got a lot of easy baskets that way.   I think he would greatly see the benefit if we played at a quicker style.   

I think Terry is a little further off and him not being with the team now certainly hinders growth.  I hope he is ok.   I read that he had an infant brother who passed away from SIDS in High school and this may be the reason for his absence.   I saw on reddit that he never properly grieved and his brother's birthdate hit him hard.   Who knows if that is just baseless chatter though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 57: DET (18-40) @ DAL (30-26) | Apr 21, 7:30 pm | Mavs 11.0 pt & 11.5 pt favs - by Chicagojk - 04-21-2021, 12:22 PM