Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
7 77.78%
Knicks
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 55: NYK (30-27) @ DAL (30-25) | 109-117 loss
https://twitter.com/NY_KnicksPR/status/1...5676209162
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(04-16-2021, 11:24 AM)cow Wrote: Randle with a massive triple double (15-15-15).

Naw, Melli is going to shut him down! Big Grin  Actually, he may be lucky to see the court.
Like Reply
(04-16-2021, 03:38 PM)mtrot Wrote: Naw, Melli is going to shut him down! Big Grin  Actually, he may be lucky to see the court.

Considering it's the NYKs, it might be worth it to take the scoring hit to tie up, and maybe frustrate, JR some. The other 4 can provide enough scoring...unless we let a sub have a career game. Again.
Like Reply
(04-16-2021, 09:40 AM)omahen Wrote: So? People are different and react differently. 

Besides, I thought you had a problem with Luka ignoring KP. Now it looks like you have a problem with KP too. So, is Luka jealous of KP or KP jealous of Luka?
Man, I really hope you don’t talk to people as aggressively in real-life as you do online...

No, I don’t HAVE a problem with the way KP reacted to the shot, as others have said, maybe that’s just his personality... but if he’s frustrated and doesn’t want to celebrate Luka’s heroics, then that IS a problem...

As for me HAVING a problem with Doncic... maybe? We don’t know what the driving force is and potentially who’s at fault, but I think it’s clear to everyone that things are nowhere near as smooth as we want them to be between our two stars, and that IS a major problem, and for a board that’s for hardcore Mavs fans, I’d have thought it’d get a lot more discussion and analysis... *shrug*
Like Reply
(04-16-2021, 08:23 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Last game when Luka hit the game winner someone posted KP did not celebrate but replays showed him pointing his finger after the shot...

Wait, which finger?
Like Reply
I thought this was the Knicks vs Mavs thread?
Like Reply
(04-16-2021, 06:24 PM)Jommybone Wrote:  Wait, which finger?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47seqjqycpbcao3cr4o1...y.gif&ct=g]
Like Reply
Well, with Portland’s come from behind win this just became a must win game for the Mavs.
Like Reply
(04-16-2021, 09:52 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Well, with Portland’s come from behind win this just became a must win game for the Mavs.

They're all must wins.
Like Reply
(04-16-2021, 09:52 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Well, with Portland’s come from behind win this just became a must win game for the Mavs.

Would be a lot easier, if that Randle guy was playing for us. Cry
Like Reply
Is Willie Cauley Stein in RC’s doghouse?
Like Reply
That might be game...if Barrett is getting layups and threes like that on top of Randle then we have no chance
Like Reply
Even Ntilikina is looking like Curry on that three...yeah this one is over!
Like Reply
Randle destroyed them. Knicks are legit. Glad to see Rose playing well.
Like Reply
No escape acts this time. Frustrating loss, hate losing to the Knicks..
Like Reply
Randle was awesome tonight.  Barrett very good and Rose got some revenge from the previous game against Dallas.   NYK shoot 50 percent from three on 28 attempts.   Dallas shoots 14 more threes to also make 14.  Not good.  

As far as the Mavs, this team is going to take years off my life.   I am really tired of watching a finesse team. One pass possessions with a three pointer and no one even close to sniffing a rebound in the lane.   I thought this front office knew last year they had to get tougher.  Not dirty...tougher.    Knicks have done a nice job.  That is a tough, physical team.   Maxi with one rebound in 27 minutes.   

It just feels like these games where you know the Mavs are going to come up short is they get close to the lead or get up 3-4 points.  And then they have a few bad possessions (tough three pointers), a few wasted possessions (turnovers) and then can't stop the other team or gives up second shots.   I am at a lost why it appears this happens often.   It is really frustrating though.
Like Reply
Embrace the play-in games because we are not going to be playing good enough basketball to catch Portland and hold them off. The fatigue might finally be starting to get to them...the 3-pt shooting has been horrible this month. Very hard to win when you're shooting in the low 30% or less from three while also allowing the opposing team to shoot lights out like tonight. 

Mavs 3-pt shooting in April:
at Knicks - 32.4%
at Wizards - 33.3%
vs. Jazz - 46.9%
vs. Rockets - 25.6%
vs. Bucks - 37.8%
vs. Spurs - 31%
vs. Sixers - 25%
at Grizzlies - 32.5%
vs. Knicks - 33.3%

Don't be fooled by this home stretch, things can get ugly really fast if they keep trending in this direction and looking like one of the worst shooting teams in the league again like in January/February.
Like Reply
Rick went with a weird lineup early in the 4th that put them behind the eight ball for the entire quarter.  Powell was part of that dreadful lineup and he’s just borderline unplayable sometimes.  I feel bad for him.  The Knicks are ripped. They look like they know their way around the weight room. The Mavs could learn from that. Awesome skill is not enough. You have to better than your opponent physically as well. Right now, I foresee a one game shoot out against Steph to determine whether the Mavs get that 8th seed or the Knicks get a lottery pick.
Like Reply
FREE MELLI!!!

[Image: EyQhOtCW8AUG_VA?format=jpg&name=small]
Like Reply
Ya its curious why we would play Powell and not try some Melli. I would have liked to see Melli try to slow down Randle.
Like Reply