Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
7 77.78%
Knicks
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 55: NYK (30-27) @ DAL (30-25) | 109-117 loss
(04-17-2021, 10:07 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Ya its curious why we would play Powell and not try some Melli. I would have liked to see Melli try to slow down Randle.

True, and the other reason to play Melli is that, unlike with Powell, the opponent MUST take him seriously at the three point line.  When Powell is completely outmatched like last night, it's pointless to play him.  Why can't RC see that?
Like Reply
(04-17-2021, 11:12 AM)mtrot Wrote: True, and the other reason to play Melli is that, unlike with Powell, the opponent MUST take him seriously at the three point line.  When Powell is completely outmatched like last night, it's pointless to play him.  Why can't RC see that?

I like Powell in spots but when we are having a tough time slowing down the other team that's where I'd like to see some Melli. I could picture a scenario where Melli gets a clutch block or contest or two and/or a big rebound if he gets some minutes in that game.
Like Reply
(04-17-2021, 11:12 AM)mtrot Wrote: True, and the other reason to play Melli is that, unlike with Powell, the opponent MUST take him seriously at the three point line.  When Powell is completely outmatched like last night, it's pointless to play him.  Why can't RC see that?

Probably cause Melli sucks from the 3pt line, too. The right decision would be to at least try Tyler Bey with Luka and Porzingis and see what he can do with this "attention" freedom, cause those two can do nothing, whether it´s from three or at the rim.
Like Reply
(04-17-2021, 11:58 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I like Powell in spots but when we are having a tough time slowing down the other team that's where I'd like to see some Melli. I could picture a scenario where Melli gets a clutch block or contest or two and/or a big rebound if he gets some minutes in that game.

He looks to me to be pretty good at blocking out and establishing rebounding position, and seems to have greater strength than Powell to be able to succeed at that.

(04-17-2021, 12:01 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Probably cause Melli sucks from the 3pt line, too. The right decision would be to at least try Tyler Bey with Luka and Porzingis and see what he can do with this "attention" freedom, cause those two can do nothing, whether it´s from three or at the rim.

I'm not so sure about that, as I don't think the number of in-game shots he's been able to take so far is enough to make a judgement.  I'd sure trust him over Powell.  I have no problem with trying Bey, either.
Like Reply
(04-16-2021, 09:53 AM)Arioch Wrote: You don't even have to go that far. He strikes me as almost stereotypically Baltic, a personality type I'm very familiar with both in its Baltic form and in the rather similar Native American stereotype that my grandfather fully embraced. Controlled, stoic, thoughtful, somewhat dour. As noted by others, not a hugger. I mean come on, we've watched Porzingis for over a year and a half, and he would have had the exact same immediate reaction if he had made that game winner--and the same later reaction, except the smile would have been a bit more awkward as he endured the other team members hugging him.

Luka's a very different personality and maybe that limits the amount of personal chemistry they'll ever have, but a lot of the tea-reading about KP on this board has come down to 'he doesn't react like I would react so something must be wrong'. Which is just silly.

I still believe this a lot more than the bad blood speculation...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply