Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Shows - Please Help
So, I've always been pretty into film/televeision, but over the past year my consumption has ramped up even more, I guess because of the pandemic. 

Anyway, I have seen basically every show, I think, but on the off chance I missed something great, please share with me everything/anything you love.
Like Reply
Trailer Park Boys...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(03-22-2021, 12:16 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Trailer Park Boys...

Wow, one I've never seen right out of the gate! Comedy, I assume? Where can I find it?
Like Reply
(03-22-2021, 01:28 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wow, one I've never seen right out of the gate! Comedy, I assume? Where can I find it?

Netflix...and it is a comedy about dumbasses acting like dumbasses...instead of getting a job they do something illegal or immoral...every time they wind up either broke or in jail...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Planet Earth documentaries are my jam  Big Grin
Like Reply
Shadow and Bone is a new Netflix series that just came out that is giving me Game of Throne vibes. Not as good to this point, but good nonetheless. If you like fantasy type shows.
Like Reply
(04-26-2021, 06:24 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Planet Earth documentaries are my jam  Big Grin

What's your favorite?

Every time I watch docs about nature I come away depressed that we've ruined it all.

(04-28-2021, 02:26 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Shadow and Bone is a new Netflix series that just came out that is giving me Game of Throne vibes. Not as good to this point, but good nonetheless. If you like fantasy type shows.

Interesting. I normally don't watch "new" shows, mostly because I hate waiting for one episode per week like a chump, but I'm guessing the entire season became available all at once because Netflix understands how to make people happy.
Like Reply
(04-28-2021, 02:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Interesting. I normally don't watch "new" shows, mostly because I hate waiting for one episode per week like a chump, but I'm guessing the entire season became available all at once because Netflix understands how to make people happy.
Yep, entire first season available now. They (Netflix) are starting to do the weekly trickle thing with a few series though which might become a bit disheartening to you. Give it a few episodes to get some character, story and setting stories solidified and if you're at least a casual fan of fantasy type stories, this is pretty good.
Like Reply
The Office
The Good Place
Righteous Gemstones

Have all been my go-to to watch (and rewatch!) right now. Just hilarious shows all with their own twist on comedy. Good Place is definitely more your jam if you want some great writing and existential questioning. The Office will always be on my recommendations always.

Righteous Gemstones is relatively new and a short watch. Its on HBO Max. Really funny take by Danny McBride.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-17-2021, 06:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The Office
The Good Place
Righteous Gemstones

Have all been my go-to to watch (and rewatch!) right now. Just hilarious shows all with their own twist on comedy. Good Place is definitely more your jam if you want some great writing and existential questioning. The Office will always be on my recommendations always.

Righteous Gemstones is relatively new and a short watch. Its on HBO Max. Really funny take by Danny McBride.

I have seen all of them and love them all, thanks!

I just finished a KILLER show on Amazon Prime today. It's called ZeroZeroZero. It's like the Godfather meets Sicario meets Traffic.
Like Reply
(05-17-2021, 07:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I have seen all of them and love them all, thanks!

Glad to see you have awesome taste in shows! Last good show I watched was Westworld. Also on HBO. I know the there was some crazy hype for it but I missed the train and only got around to it this year. It definitely lives up to the hype if you're in for something more serious!

(05-17-2021, 07:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I just finished a KILLER show on Amazon Prime today. It's called ZeroZeroZero. It's like the Godfather meets Sicario meets Traffic.

You piqued my interest! I'll add it to my list today. Now if I can ever find the time to actually watch some TV...
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Dark on Netflix. Do it in German audio with English subtitles.
Like Reply
(07-11-2021, 12:31 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Dark on Netflix. Do it in German audio with English subtitles.

Thanks, this is on the list!
Like Reply
(03-22-2021, 12:16 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Trailer Park Boys...

Great show but it kind of fell off after Netflix took it over in my opinion.
Like Reply
Just finished the first season of American Rust on Showtime. It's pretty good. Mayor of Kingstown (forgot what streaming service it's on) has some pretty good payoff in the end of the first season. City on a Hill on Showtime (I think) is good. 1883 on Paramount+ is absolute must watch and the full season is now done! Enjoyed all seasons of Resident Alien on Peacock (I think).
Like Reply
Station 11, on HBOMAX. Go watch it immediately. 

I caught episode one tonight and managed not to cry about Jalen Brunson for the full hour.
Like Reply