Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dak is back
The defensive transformation from last year to this season is one of the more interesting things I've ever seen in Sports. 

I've never seen a team have its top two pass rushers miss so much time and still be able to rotate defensive linemen and pressure opposing QBs so regularly. 

I don't think Dan Quinn is going to be here long. I think he'll be a hot commodity again this off-season. What a job he has done here!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
Is Dak still hurt,  or did he just get knocked out of his rythm?
Like Reply
(12-03-2021, 07:46 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Is Dak still hurt,  or did he just get knocked out of his rythm?

My take is that what he's improved at is making pre-snap reads, and because they have so many great receivers, he's usually free to  assume whichever of them gets 1-on-1 coverage is going to win on the play. 

But, during this past month, some of the receivers are constantly out and teams are starting to disguise their coverages much more effectively against Dallas. 

I don't think he's that great at improvising, personally.
Like Reply
I can't believe how great Micah Parsons is. What an amazing impact.
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-14-2021, 12:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I can't believe how great Micah Parsons is. What an amazing impact.

No offense to Luka but Micah is THE generational talent in Dallas.
Like Reply
(12-15-2021, 04:59 AM)cow Wrote: No offense to Luka but Micah is THE generational talent in Dallas.

Downvote...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-15-2021, 04:59 AM)cow Wrote: No offense to Luka but Micah is THE generational talent in Dallas.

Both 22 years old.  We will see.
Like Reply
Everything is currently working for the cowboys, imo, EXCEPT Dak. I don't understand it, but he has just not looked sharp since coming back from that injury.
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-20-2021, 12:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Everything is currently working for the cowboys, imo, EXCEPT Dak. I don't understand it, but he has just not looked sharp since coming back from that injury.

I've heard speculation that everyone is now playing the Cowboys with two high safeties and not blitziing, the way they do with all the elite passing offenses. Maybe it's taking some time for Dak to solve that puzzle. And maybe it's a combo of having a new puzzle to solve, recovering from the calf, and his receivers dropping balls all the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-22-2021, 12:02 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I've heard speculation that everyone is now playing the Cowboys with two high safeties and not blitziing, the way they do with all the elite passing offenses. Maybe it's taking some time for Dak to solve that puzzle. And maybe it's a combo of having a new puzzle to solve, recovering from the calf, and his receivers dropping balls all the time.

Sounds like a job for the running game, to me.
Like Reply
(12-22-2021, 12:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sounds like a job for the running game, to me.

EXACTLY!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-22-2021, 12:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sounds like a job for the running game, to me.

Or not...Zeke looked sluggish and the run game was non-existent. Not to mention that they faced a real football team. Not Washington (2x) or the Giants.
Like Reply
(01-02-2022, 09:44 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Or not...Zeke looked sluggish and the run game was non-existent. Not to mention that they faced a real football team. Not Washington (2x) or the Giants.

I don't think they're playing very well right now, but I don't subscribe to the idea that it's because of their competition, necessarily. I mean, more legit competition is harder to beat, sure, but I think that Prescott isn't playing as well as he was early in the season, regardless of the competition. No idea why, or which period of time is abnormal, this one or the good one. But, if he (and the offensive line) can get back to the level they had going pre-calf injury, I think they can beat teams like the Cardinals pretty easily. Maybe I'm wrong.
Like Reply
Cowboys vs Niners in the playoffs, for a blast from the past.  I like this draw other than getting the Eagles, who suck.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 08:41 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Cowboys vs Niners in the playoffs, for a blast from the past.  I like this draw other than getting the Eagles, who suck.

Honestly, I like their chances vs. anyone, if they're playing well that day. Right up until they have to go to Lambeau, were this season will probably end.
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
I know it is a pass heavy game and it was only a matter of time but props to Dak. Franchise record for most TDs in a season (37).
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Eagles getting crushed, I love it.
Like Reply
Being a Cowboy fan is tough.  13-0 feels fortunate.
Like Reply
no words...
Like Reply
More physical team won. 49ers dominated the line of scrimmage.
Like Reply