Dak is back
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dak-p...w-contract

Smile Angry Sad Confused
Like Reply
dak is whack
Like Reply
Boys win a game.  Finally.
Like Reply
1-1 and I've never been happier as a Cowboys fan.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(09-20-2021, 11:24 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: 1-1 and I've never been happier as a Cowboys fan.

I was much happier in the early 90s.

And there were a few times in Romo's early years when I was happier, but that was always before the playoffs started. 

I was pretty happy in Dak and Zeke's rookie year, you know, before the playoffs and offseason.
Like Reply
(09-20-2021, 11:54 AM)fifteenth Wrote: I was much happier in the early 90s.

And there were a few times in Romo's early years when I was happier, but that was always before the playoffs started. 

I was pretty happy in Dak and Zeke's rookie year, you know, before the playoffs and offseason.

But, there IS something about this year's team. Personally, I feel like I can see evidence of better coaching here in year 2. Might just be wishful thinking, but the fact that the defense didn't completely fall apart when they had to play without their two starting ends amazed me as a Cowboys fan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(09-20-2021, 02:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But, there IS something about this year's team. Personally, I feel like I can see evidence of better coaching here in year 2. Might just be wishful thinking, but the fact that the defense didn't completely fall apart when they had to play without their two starting ends amazed me as a Cowboys fan.

I agree that Dan Quinn and the new kids/vets are making a difference on defense.  They are at least entertaining.  I have to say if the kicker had missed that attempt, McCarthy would be in huge trouble today.  He probably still should be...

I like Dak, but I would love to have a young Herbert as the future.
Like Reply
One of two things will happen...either they will miss the playoffs or will blow the playoff game in epic fashion in the 4th quarter...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Most interceptions this season:
1. Cowboys: 7
2. Saints: 6
T-3. Trevon Diggs: 5
T-3. Bills: 5
T-5. 3 teams with 4

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
[Image: FBXx318VgAMHEdm?format=jpg&name=medium]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JTThrasher/status/14...31425?s=20
Like Reply
Honestly, for the first time in my life I think the media and local fans are being too hard on one of my teams. 

Yes, the team was sloppy and over penalized at times against Bellicek. (It's Bellicek!) Yes, McCarthy has made some questionable decisions this year with clock management. 

But come on...if you have been watching this team since the 90's and don't see signs that they're finally doing some things right, I don't know what to tell you. They are physical. They are confident. The stars are all in shape (almost never happens with the Cowboys) and seem motivated. The coordinators seem to understand how to create opportunistic situations for those stars. 

All over the field on both sides of the ball there are peripheral players who aren't stars but seem like talented, competent professionals capable of doing their jobs. I'm talking about guys like Kazee, Kearse, Neal, Cox, Jarwin, Schultz, Steale, McGovern, Wilson, etc, etc, etc. 

Hell man, this staff is even managing to make freaking Connor Williams look like an NFL lineman most of the time! 

It's really obvious (at least to me) that the current coaching staff as a whole is up to the standard that the personnel department has been inching towards since Will McClay started running the draft. I don't want to count the chickens before they hatch, but this FEELS like a different Cowboys team, and that's coming from someone who literally never for one second bought into the Romo/Dez era teams.
Like Reply
@"KillerLeft", are people really being hard on the Cowboys right now? That's crazy! Agree with everything you said. After years of sub par coaching and playing time decisions based who Jerry's guys are, we finally have a real coaching staff who actually get to make decisions on who plays and who gets cut (even if it's a Jerry guy). This is best the things have been as a Cowboy since the 90s!! 

The only thing to be upset about is thinking about what might have been if the Cowboys could have had a real coaching staff sooner! 

If folks don't like the current staff they should transfer their fandom to the JG's current team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Boys do something special again.  How many had Cooper Rush winning in Minny?  I am not going all hype, but they are a good team and should be as competative as anyone in the NFC for a chance at the SB.  The improving D gives them a chance.
Like Reply
The meh Broncos crushed the Boys, how embarrassing.
Like Reply
(11-07-2021, 03:45 PM)Hypermav Wrote: The meh Broncos crushed the Boys, how embarrassing.

It was my fault. I couldn't watch today. Sorry.
Like Reply
that's the way the NFL go
Like Reply
@"Hypermav", which Cowboys team is real? The one from the past month, or the one we saw before that? And, will we get an answer to that question tonight?
Like Reply
(12-02-2021, 06:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: And, will we get an answer to that question tonight?

no?
Like Reply
(12-02-2021, 06:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"Hypermav", which Cowboys team is real? The one from the past month, or the one we saw before that? And, will we get an answer to that question tonight?

That is an excellent question.  Zeke is clearly not himself.  Dak has not returned to his stellar early season play.  The offensive line is a little offensive.  Cooper is doing his banged up thing.  Lamb and Pollard are the bright spots. 

On the other hand the defense is getting people back and Parsons is spectacular.  

Feels like a slump they can overcome but I wouldn't bet on it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply