Poll: Who gets the Dirkie? (vote AFTER the game)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka
3.70%
1 3.70%
KP
70.37%
19 70.37%
Delon
0%
0 0%
Maxi
3.70%
1 3.70%
Seth
0%
0 0%
THJ
7.41%
2 7.41%
DFS
0%
0 0%
Boban
0%
0 0%
Jalen
11.11%
3 11.11%
Justin
3.70%
1 3.70%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAMETHREAD: DAL @ LAC (Vancouver), Oct 17, 9:30 pm (102-87 win)
(10-18-2019, 08:53 AM)fifteenth Wrote: I just voted THJ for the Dirkie, partially to give him props for playing great the last two games. If we had an Exceeding Expectations Award he'd get that for the preseason for sure!

I expected him to be the scapegoat this season. Good to see his shot falling and even better to see him take less ill-advised shots. His defense is still bad but as a playmaker and scorer he could grow into the 6th man role.
Like Reply
Looks like KP took the Dirkie!
Like Reply
I know I may be in the minority but I think Mann should have been thrown out of the game last night for the altercation with Luka. A technical for the ball slap and a technical for the forearm shiver to the throat. Luka of course would have still gotten his technical for retaliating, but I just think slapping the ball out of someone's hands after the stoppage of play should be an automatic technical.
Like Reply
There were a few times I was extremely impressed with Luka’s on ball defense. Not impressed as in, lowered expectations and he compared impressively. Actually NBA stopper impressed! Didn’t watch him specifically throughout the game for that, but he really stuck out for the few plays he was on the ball.
Like Reply
Improved and disciplined play on the Mavericks defensive side most exceeded my expectations in the DAL @ LAC match yesterday among all group and individual game parameters. Who to give Dirkie in this case?
Like Reply
(10-18-2019, 01:07 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: There were a few times I was extremely impressed with Luka’s on ball defense. Not impressed as in, lowered expectations and he compared impressively. Actually NBA stopper impressed! Didn’t watch him specifically throughout the game for that, but he really stuck out for the few plays he was on the ball.

Yep, there was one series in particular when he was defending Kawhi that really impressed me.  He still needs to make that effort consistent, but the sky is the limit with that kid.

A lot of talk has already been given to Luka making KP better offensively, but I could also see the opposite where KP will make Luka better defensively.  That mutual fit and drive is part of what can make the duo so special.
Like Reply
Kawhi sure looked rusty, somebody must have done some celebrating in the offseason 

Luka and Porzingis look to be ready to go for the regular season though

Now on to the games that matter

Up next, Washington
Like Reply