Poll: Who gets the Dirkie? (vote AFTER the game)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka
3.70%
1 3.70%
KP
70.37%
19 70.37%
Delon
0%
0 0%
Maxi
3.70%
1 3.70%
Seth
0%
0 0%
THJ
7.41%
2 7.41%
DFS
0%
0 0%
Boban
0%
0 0%
Jalen
11.11%
3 11.11%
Justin
3.70%
1 3.70%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAMETHREAD: DAL @ LAC (Vancouver), Oct 17, 9:30 pm (102-87 win)
Brunson Is showing he can play next to Luka. I also noticed Rick started him I guess due to Clippers size?
Like Reply
Don't look now, but Dallas just absolutely destroyed the league favorite Clippers for a full quarter.
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 10:12 PM)Tyler Wrote: Don't look now, but Dallas just absolutely destroyed the league favorite Clippers for a full quarter.
To be fair the Clips are without Paul George, Lou Will, and Pat Bev
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
What I liked was Luka's defense on Kawhi.  He was not outmatched, and I what I think we are going to see with him coming back in with less weight is a improved defender.

People forget that being a good defender isn't just being a superior athlete, but have a good BBIQ helps with that, which Doncic has.
Like Reply
Wow. Great shot by Jackson there.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 10:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: To be fair the Clips are without Paul George, Lou Will, and Pat Bev

True.  But it's fun nonetheless.  Smile

And while perhaps it won't look like this in the regular season, I don't think the thin Clippers roster diminishes the Dalllas defensive effort so far.  We'll see if they can keep it up.
Like Reply
While we call anything resembling a travel on the Mavs....Patrick Patterson just stayed in the lane for 10 seconds trying to get position on Justin Jackson aaannnnnd...no call.
Like Reply
I am LOVING the way THJ is playing.

Totally within the offense and smart shots too.

OMG WHAT A DUNK BY PORZINGIS!
Like Reply
That was a great hustling running rebound by Maxi there!
Like Reply
Uh oh. Looks like Luka tweaked his hamstring.

(10-17-2019, 10:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Uh oh. Looks like Luka tweaked his hamstring.
He's staying out there and looks totally fine so maybe it was just a temporary thing.

KP is playing so well. He needs to be fed more!
Like Reply
Klebers defense against wings is incredible.
Like Reply
WOW. What a move by Luka!! And that was on Kawhi freaking Leonard!

Kleber's defense has been incredible.

LUKA ANOTHER 3!

And then KP with the smooth jumper from the no-look from Boban!!
Like Reply
Excellent game so far. Really good defense.
Like Reply
Delon Wright has hit 2 threes in a game! This is not a drill  Big Grin
Like Reply
KP only has 1 block on the scoreboard, but I've seen at least 2, if not 3.

11 rebounds in the first half, playing against the likes of Montrezl Harrell...not shabby at ALL.  Giddy.

And for all the folks saying that they don't have Paul George.  You are correct...but Paul George and Kawhi Leonard can't remotely hold down Luka and KP...not remotely.
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 10:02 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Boban is not a rotation player. Change my mind.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 10:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Delon Wright has hit 2 threes in a game! This is not a drill  Big Grin

That was great. I would still love that he would be more active, though. Him and Barea are basically the ones that could play better today. THJ, Brunson, Maxi, KP and Luka were excellent. Jackson and Bobi were solid. 

Refs really whistle happy. I have no idea where they saw a couple of those offensive fouls. 

I really love that offense is not limited to raining threes from all sides. Especially KP is having a very very smart and efficient game.
Like Reply
Our young KP/Luka duo combined for 24 points and 19 rebounds... in the first half.  Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

Most impressive to me is that KP only needed 5 shots for those 12 points.  I love how he got to the line, and also how he changed more shots defensively than he got credit for.  He looks terrific.
Like Reply
That was a great first half by the Mavs. A lot to be excited about in this one. 

THJ, Brunson, LP, Luka, Boban.
Like Reply
KP playing more of a traditional center role instead of chucking 3s from the perimeter looks great so far.
Like Reply