Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt RAPTOR & 1.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
69.23%
9 69.23%
Nets
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 32: DAL (16-16) @ BRK (22-13) | 115-98 win
[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bmid91h0sve3jv2stnud...d=200w.gif]
Like Reply
What the hell is Paul Pierce wearing?
Like Reply
Harden deserves a T for claiming KP hit him. Replays clearly show how fraudulent he was.
Like Reply
Luka needs to feed KP when he's going deep in the oaint.  That jacked up three waa a waste of a possession....bad shot.  KP had a foot on the guy guarding him 3  feet from the basket.  Smh
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
#mavsmood

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Porzingis looked better, but it just does not translate to wins. He goes to bench and big Mavs run.

Kleber and Richardson not too hot either.
Like Reply
So curious whether the Mavs double down on the Richardson mistake. He's lucky all the focus is on Zombingis, cause he was supposed to be the winning player,whose impact is found in the advanced stats. He just looks awful.
Like Reply
Dang, Scott Foster again.
Like Reply
Fuck  yeah JVG. Harden does this on purpose,cheating clown. Surprising nobody thought of this daring tactic as an end of game shotclock  strategy.
Like Reply
Up 12 - Mortal Kombat Time!
Like Reply
(02-27-2021, 09:29 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: So curious whether the Mavs double down on the Richardson mistake. He's lucky all the focus is on Zombingis, cause he was supposed to be the winning player,whose impact is found in the advanced stats. He just looks awful.

What exactly is so awful about him? JRich totally stopped Harris (those three threes were with other guys on him) tonight so far and is having a decent offensive night.
Like Reply
That is one excellent half so far. Very, very good defense.
Like Reply
When did KP kick a chair?
Like Reply
(02-27-2021, 10:41 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: When did KP kick a chair?

At Mark Jackson's house last Thanksgiving, apparently.
Like Reply
I know the Nets were short two studs tonight, but just a real nice job by the Mavs taking care of business.

I have no idea why we don't utilize KP like that every game.   It may not always be pretty with KP in the post.  But I like it for a lot of reasons.  For one, it finally gives us an interior presence.   Especially if teams are going to put a smaller player on him.   Second, every good player likes to get touches.  I want KP to get much more touches.   I can understand the frustration when you don't touch the ball 4-5 possessions in a row.   For me, my magic number is 12-14 points for KP on easy baskets/free throws.    I think if he does that the rest of his game will fall in place.  

WCS also with some nice minutes as the backup five.  It is nice getting good center play.  This team is much different when KP is getting good looks rather than shooting mostly threes.
Like Reply
(02-27-2021, 10:41 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: When did KP kick a chair?
¸

Didn't see it, but it was supposed to happen in one of the timeouts in the second quarter. He was frustrated Luka didn't pass him a ball twice, than shot that three from almost halfcourt. 

I think KP had an excellent game. He was protecting the rim on defense and he was punishing smaller guys on offense. Things we didn't see much from him this season.

Excellent game by Mavs
Like Reply
(02-27-2021, 02:18 PM)cow Wrote: Wild Prediction:  KP drops a 50 piece.

[Image: tenor.gif]

(02-27-2021, 10:55 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I have no idea why we don't utilize KP like that every game.  

While I agree with your sentiment, the Nets are dreadful on defense and if you look at that possession where Joe Harris took KP to the woodshed, that explains why we he isn't getting more post touches.  It's going to be situational at best.
Like Reply
(02-27-2021, 10:55 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I have no idea why we don't utilize KP like that every game.   It may not always be pretty with KP in the post.  But I like it for a lot of reasons.  For one, it finally gives us an interior presence.   Especially if teams are going to put a smaller player on him.   Second, every good player likes to get touches.  I want KP to get much more touches.   I can understand the frustration when you don't touch the ball 4-5 possessions in a row.   For me, my magic number is 12-14 points for KP on easy baskets/free throws.    I think if he does that the rest of his game will fall in place.  

For sure. The vision for Porzingis is that he can pull opposing bigs out of the paint. But, if the opposition is allowed to stick a small forward on him, that advantage is negated. So, I fully support sending him to the post to punish those little guys, and then, when the center is forced to guard him again, punish him with the pick and pop.
Like Reply
It will be interesting to see what the Nets do at trading deadline or buyout market.  I think they need at least one more front court player.    Although when they have their big three, that is a scary team.   Plus, with those three you can't focus on Joe Harris, who looks like he never misses.
Like Reply
(02-27-2021, 11:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For sure. The vision for Porzingis is that he can pull opposing bigs out of the paint. But, if the opposition is allowed to stick a small forward on him, that advantage is negated. So, I fully support sending him to the post to punish those little guys, and then, when the center is forced to guard him again, punish him with the pick and pop.

Two things tonight. A concerted effort by KP to get closer to the basket and more ball movement where more players seemed to touch the ball.  The best set was Luka passing to KP just inside the FT line and THJ cutting diagonally to the basket. Wish they would run that particular set much more.
Like Reply