Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
38.89%
7 38.89%
Jazz
61.11%
11 61.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (8-10) @ UTA (14-4) | 104-116 loss
[Image: u-https-i-ytimg-com-vi-59-IGu4-GNU-M-maxresdefault.jpg]
Like Reply
Fans help fuel the Jazz energy. (not that they needed any help)
Like Reply
If you're looking for a bad time, tune into the suicide hotline (which essentially is this forum).
Like Reply
It's really too bad for the Jazz that they had to play a dreaded back-to-back tonight and suffer the attendant lack of energy! Cool
Like Reply
It will probably take losing Luka for Cuban to finally take a hard look at the front office an our team building acumen but Utah could make a case for:

-Drafting better
-Developing talent better
-Trading better
-Attracting Free Agents better (in Utah! of all places)
Like Reply
(01-27-2021, 10:20 PM)mtrot Wrote: RC is not the coach to lay into guys like Pop would. This passivity and lack of grit has been lacking with the Mavs for a long, long time now.

I am not saying the time is now and I think RC is a GOOD coach, but at some point Cuban will have to ask the question of whether RC is the right coach for Luka and this situation. I think it is just the reality in this day and age, the coach needs to fit the superstar.
Like Reply
(01-27-2021, 10:27 PM)cow Wrote: It will probably take losing Luka for Cuban to finally take a hard look at the front office an our team building acumen but Utah could make a case for:

-Drafting better
-Developing talent better
-Trading better
-Attracting Free Agents better (in Utah! of all places)

Yes, as I've said before, Luka is not like Dirk in personality, at all.  He is not going to put up with this mediocrity for very long.
Like Reply
(01-27-2021, 10:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am not saying the time is now and I think RC is a GOOD coach, but at some point Cuban will have to ask the question of whether RC is the right coach for Luka and this situation. I think it is just the reality in this day and age, the coach needs to fit the superstar.

More about the offseason and MBT (obviously includes RC). Half of this board was asking for a big forward or hybrid big for the MLE. Instead the Mavs split it on guys that probably would have been available for the minimum.
Like Reply
(01-27-2021, 10:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am not saying the time is now and I think RC is a GOOD coach, but at some point Cuban will have to ask the question of whether RC is the right coach for Luka and this situation. I think it is just the reality in this day and age, the coach needs to fit the superstar.

Well, the thing is, this situation is that Luka does not have a cast of enough players who can or are willing to play on anywhere near his level.  That's where the coaching improvement is needed, i.e., not for Luka but for the rest of the team.  It's like he's having to drag them kicking and screaming across the finish line.
Like Reply
Wasting a good THJ game. Without him making some difficult shots this game would be in garbage time right now.
Like Reply
Luka shooting 1-5 from 3, and is shooting below 30% from 3 on the season.

Airballs another 3, becoming the norm every other game. Westbrook vibes.
Like Reply
And the Mavs continue to allow Gobert free access to the rim.  Now the Jazz are going Harlem Globetrotters on the Mavs.
Like Reply
Thank God we had that team meeting or we might be down 40.
Like Reply
Gobert wouldn't fit with this team...

He is running P&R with Ingles, who is a nice player, but no Luka.

The o n l y reason he wouldn't fit is because Utah didn't let him become available.
Like Reply
Mavs are breaking my heart.
Like Reply
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5157159]
Like Reply
WCS only played 3 minutes. He was really bad in the last few games but at this point I am not sure if the Mavs have a single front court player that deserves big minutes. Powell was just as bad today and earlier in the season. KP is looking like a shadow of his former self.
Like Reply
Here we come!
Like Reply
KP becoming a black hole. No team love for each other on the Snyder timeout.
Like Reply
(01-27-2021, 10:50 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: WCS only played 3 minutes. He was really bad in the last few games but at this point I am not sure if the Mavs have a single front court player that deserves big minutes. Powell was just as bad today and earlier in the season. KP is looking like a shadow of his former self.

This team got a lot of problems upon KP's return. Need to figure out how to integrate him. The team was on fire defensively before he came back.
Like Reply