Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF CHALLENGE: 1st Round * Picks to be locked Monday 5/24 before first game
(05-24-2021, 11:53 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just clarifying can I edit my picks till the first game? 

Asking for a friend that said the Jazz would sweep....

I have that same friend.
Like Reply
(05-24-2021, 11:53 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just clarifying can I edit my picks till the first game? 

Asking for a friend that said the Jazz would sweep....
Yep, I have an alarm set to remind me to get on and post when picks are locked (edit: alarm is set for 6p). After the time stamp of that post, any timestamped edits or posts after that are null and void!
Like Reply
East
PHI in 5
BRK in 4
MIL in 6
Atlanta in 6

West
UTA in 6
PHX in 6
DEN in 7
Dal in 6
Like Reply
(05-24-2021, 12:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Yep, I have an alarm set to remind me to get on and post when picks are locked (edit: alarm is set for 6p). After the time stamp of that post, any timestamped edits or posts after that are null and void!

Thank goodness for that! I made several changes after the game ones. 

I still think that the Lakers and their friends (everyone on payroll) in the League front office are going to make sure that they make it through their series by any means necessary (wish I could photoshop LeDickhead's face on Malcolm X).
Like Reply
West
UTA in 6
PHX in 7
DEN in 6
DAL in 5
East
PHI in 4
BRK in 5
MIL in 6
ATL in 7
Like Reply
West
Utah in 6
Phoenix in 4
Portland in 6
Dallas in 6

East
Philly in 4
Brooklyn in 4
Milwaukee in 5
Atlanta in 6
Like Reply
(05-24-2021, 04:40 PM)fifteenth Wrote: West
UTA in 6
PHX in 7
DEN in 6
DAL in 5
East
PHI in 4
BRK in 5
MIL in 6
ATL in 7

The fact you wrote that in Comic Sans means you should be automatically disqualified. 
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-24-2021, 05:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The fact you wrote that in Comic Sans means you should be automatically disqualified. 

It could have been worse
Like Reply
Alright, picks are locked. Good luck.
Like Reply
I want to be served enough Crow to be Croatian!
Like Reply
Total of 19 eligible entries. Your score here will roll over to the second round picks. 

Wanted to get thoughts on the scoring going forward. With these being my thoughts:

Second round, scoring is doubled so correct picks are worth 2 points. If the Mavs make it to the second round, correct picks for them will be 4 points.

Third round, scoring is tripled so correct picks are worth 3 points. If the Mavs make it, their picks are worth 6 points.

Last round, picks worth 4 points and Mavs picks worth 8 points. Finals will have 1 other pick for a tiebreaker only. That is the number of points the winning team will score in the final game without going over. If both scores go over, the closest one wins.

Let me know your thoughts now, so we can hash it out before going further!
Like Reply
MIA in 7
POR in 6
DAL in 5
PHO in 6
PHI in 6
MEM in 6
BRK in 5
NY in 7
Like Reply
Thoughts?

Was Dallas in 5 too ambitous?  Big Grin

RBWS IS HERE!!
Like Reply
PHI in 4
BKN in 5
MIL in 4
ATL in 7

UT in 6
PHX in 6
DEN in 7
DAL in 6
Like Reply
PHI in 5
BKN in 5
MIL in 6
NYK in 7

UT in 6
PHX in 7
DEN in 7
DAL in 7
Like Reply
Rasheed, FGump and Razzmatazz, I’m really sorry but you got your entries in after the deadline. You can continue to play for sure and I’ll tally your scores separately from the eligible entries, but I can’t name any of you the winner. Unless I get overwhelming reply to let you in. Only thing you really miss out on is a changed title, so not a huge deal, knowledge that you know you won is better, right???!!!

Edit: Also, as long as your entries are on time the rest of the way I’ll add those scores into the eligible pool. Who knows, maybe you need this kind of handicap to make it a challenge vs the rest of us dummies!
Like Reply
(05-24-2021, 06:29 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Thoughts?

Was Dallas in 5 too ambitous?  Big Grin
We’ll see tonight! If they win tonight the rest of us might be sweating (happily so) a bit!
Like Reply