Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020/21 Mavs regular season record *Winners Mavs2021 and dirkfansince1998!
Hey guys, even though the season is underway, we didn't get this thought out till now, so we got a sneak peak at what this team is possibly gonna look like for the rest of the season. Make your predictions on what the team's regular season record will be for 2020/21. Those who get the record exactly, will get a new title (to be determined later, suggestions for the title appreciated!!).

If there is an unfortunate work stoppage, we'll use the closest win % for the winner as long as they are within a reasonable percentage.

Sunday the 17th is the deadline to make your predictions, so get yours in now!!!!
Like Reply
I'll start it out. 

47-25 a 65.3 win %

I think what we've seen after the first 5 games is very promising and that is without KP. Once KP gets up to snuff and Luka is fully conditioned, this team is gonna hum!
Like Reply
49-23...

Unicorn being back will take us to the next level and our defense is for real...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
45-27

I thought going into this year we'd be a 55 win team. My expectations have dropped a little since then, but I still think once we have KP back we'll stabilize.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
44-28
Like Reply
I think I said 44 before the season. I'll stick with that.
Like Reply
Deadline to get your record in for this year is Sunday the 17th. I'll post on Monday morning to set the marker.
Like Reply
I've already said 48 wins...but I'm an eternal optimist.  I'll stick with it.
Like Reply
I predicted 42-44 games in the other thread. Going with 43.
Like Reply
41-31.
Like Reply
46-26 with no major Luka/KP injuries.  When Beal added at the trade deadline, that might change things.
Like Reply
This is now locked. All entries above this post are in the contest!
Like Reply
Damn Covid ruining my prediction... Angry
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
You want to call this a win for me already.  Confused   I went the most negative at 41-31. They´d need to finish 33-21 just to get there. 50 win pace.
Like Reply
(01-27-2021, 11:55 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: You want to call this a win for me already.  Confused   I went the most negative at 41-31. They´d need to finish 33-21 just to get there. 50 win pace.

Play it out but you ain't wrong.
Like Reply
(01-13-2021, 08:56 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I predicted 42-44 games in the other thread. Going with 43.
At this point, this looks to be the probable winner!
Like Reply
Ok, doing some work on these contests this morning! Looks like the magic # was 42, no one guessed that, so the closest were Mavs2021 (41) and Dirkfansince1998 (43). I didn't state a tie-breaker, but will start to make a tie-breaker the poster who posted first in the future. 

In the mean time, contestants (and any others that want to) please chime in about this for this year. Do I give them both the title change prize or use earliest timestamp as a tiebreaker?
Like Reply
(06-12-2021, 07:36 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ok, doing some work on these contests this morning! Looks like the magic # was 42, no one guessed that, so the closest were Mavs2021 (41) and Dirkfansince1998 (43). I didn't state a tie-breaker, but will start to make a tie-breaker the poster who posted first in the future. 

In the mean time, contestants (and any others that want to) please chime in about this for this year. Do I give them both the title change prize or use earliest timestamp as a tiebreaker?

[Image: f3a8eebb-b286-4cf3-bc76-64b37e8419e8_text.gif]
Like Reply
Alright, since I only got 1 response, a tie it is!

Congratulations Mavs2021 and dirkfansince1998!

I'll change your titles shortly!
Like Reply