Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
72.22%
13 72.22%
Suns
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 102-106 loss
On the plus side I like what I'm seeing from DFS (great outlet pass to JRich), JRich and Powell (getting that second foul on Ayton).

You can't let Crowder split you on D.
Like Reply
Luka acknowledged that this offseason was a weird one because he thought he had more time to get in shape and didn't expect the NBA to start so early. I think we'll gradually see him turn back to normal.

Great defense by JRich on Booker there. 

This game is getting chippy and physical.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 10:52 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: inside game or midrange?.... and we slouch and slump when the refs are being lazy with the calls instead of doubling down and making them call something. Nope lets shoot more 3s. Its 2K style lazy basketball.

Exactly!  That's what I've been complaining about for years now.  I was always on Dirk's case for not pressing the issue enough to force the refs to make a call, one way or the other.  If you are passive and back down from aggressive defense, they will just keep you out of the interior forever.
Like Reply
Can we hit an outside shot, please?

Both of these offensives look rusty.
Like Reply
Wow that was super unlucky for Luka. 

Great strip by Kleber though.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
We get nothing easy in the halfcourt. Spacing is rough.
Like Reply
Luka will turn it around. He won't play like this for the rest of the game.
Like Reply
Go fund me for a Luka bucket?
Like Reply
Luka needs to pick it up and stop sulking and just play
Like Reply
Geez, Luka. He really needs to consider being in shape a year round thing. It's part of what made Jordan and Kobe great.
Like Reply
Lucky to be down just 4..
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 10:59 PM)JamesConway Wrote: We get nothing easy in the halfcourt. Spacing is rough.

I don't see it 
We just not hitting shots, early 
The offense will be fine
Like Reply
So Dallas is doing their typical slow start, but the difference is that the improved defense is at least keeping the other team from building a lead. Not perfect, but still progress.

Now make a freaking bucket.
Like Reply
First one to 30 wins.
Like Reply
Bridges has hit 2 threes already. He looks good.

THERE WE GO LUKA! THATS WAS NICE!
Like Reply
Luka's smiling. A good sign.
Like Reply
okay here we go
Like Reply
Hitting his free throws. He just needs contact to finish shots.
Like Reply
Yeah, considering our level of offense, I'm just glad we're not down by 20 here!
Like Reply
Is it just me or is everyone just slightly losing their handle on the ball?

#DeflateGate

Also that was a sick fadeaway by Luka. Quick 5 points for him there after that horrific start.
Like Reply