Poll: Who gets the Dirkie? (vote AFTER the game)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka
11.11%
2 11.11%
KP
83.33%
15 83.33%
Justin
0%
0 0%
Delon
0%
0 0%
Maxi
0%
0 0%
Jalen
0%
0 0%
THJ
5.56%
1 5.56%
DFS
0%
0 0%
Seth
0%
0 0%
Boban
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAMETHREAD: DAL @ DET, Oct 9, 6:00 PM....KP is a "15" in excitement level
(10-10-2019, 03:58 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 03:42 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Dwight is definitely starting on this team. As to who is the center and who is the PF, we have discussed a million times but Dwight is C on offense, PF on D and KP is the reverse.

Thanks for the education SBJ. Silly of us to try to go deeper. We'll be sure to stick to the "facts", exactly as they've been presented a million times. Please start a thread that would allow us to come to you for clarification any time we get tempted to waiver from the obvious. You can set us straight.

Lol I don't know why this is so controversial. Who do you think is starting, Boban?

(10-10-2019, 03:58 PM)MrGoat Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 02:09 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 01:16 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 11:58 AM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Expectations for Delon were higher than they had any [W]right to be. He is a career bench player for a reason; don't let the "omg Lowry/Conley held him back" claims or "advanced analytics" fool ya. 

If he's gonna start, he needs to play an Andre Roberson or Iguodala lite (GS version) type role: all out on defense then slash with the occasional splash on offense. His ball handling is a luxury, less focus on that. 

Our offense should be great this season and we should probably double down on it. The defense looks like a lost cause. Take the D'antoni approach and go for broke imo.

Brunson should be starting, he is our best rim attacker by far. Luka can get inside but he has trouble finishing. Furthermore, Luka looks like he's doing too much out there again; need someone to create easier opportunities for him.

So you have Delon pigeon holed and have given up on having a defense after two preseason games? I'll give Delon and the defense a little more time, myself.

Regarding Brunson, his job is to run the show when Luka's on the bench. Those two will be staggered. I'm sure they'll play together some, but I think staggered is how they should be unless RC wants JJB to run the second unit full time.

I am a little nervous about Delon. I agree on Brunson, he will take over JJB's job running the 2nd unit.
I'm more nervous in general about the defense than Delon. Delon's on a new team and has a bad hammy, I think the expectations on him are a bit high but I'm not worried about him yet. But I looked at this roster before preseason started and was already concerned that our defense wasn't going to be good. It's only preseason but these two games have done nothing to lessen my preexisting concerns

Ya I don't think the defense is going to be great. We really need Delon to be a glove on defense to make this at least look passable.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAMETHREAD: DAL @ DET, Oct 9, 6:00 PM....KP is a "15" in excitement level - by StepBackJay - 10-10-2019, 04:48 PM