Poll: Who gets the Dirkie? (vote AFTER the game)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka
11.11%
2 11.11%
KP
83.33%
15 83.33%
Justin
0%
0 0%
Delon
0%
0 0%
Maxi
0%
0 0%
Jalen
0%
0 0%
THJ
5.56%
1 5.56%
DFS
0%
0 0%
Seth
0%
0 0%
Boban
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAMETHREAD: DAL @ DET, Oct 9, 6:00 PM....KP is a "15" in excitement level
(10-10-2019, 08:14 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 07:46 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 04:10 AM)omahen Wrote: Some additional thoughts:
First half was actually good. Defense was decent. If Porzingis is defending the opposing centre we don't have a player capable of physically match strong PF like Griffin. So teams playing 2 strong frontocurt players will be a problem for us. A ssomeone said - Bobi is playable only if you utilize his offense. Defensively he is a big hole - reminding me of DAJ. Rebounding is a huge issue - I didn't think they will be this bad.
Third quarter was good till about 5 minutes left. At that point KP was substituted (and didn't return) and the game basically fell apart. They lost 10 point advantage in a couple of minutes. Last quarter was experimenting with reserves, so it is not really relevant.

KP and Luka took 18 shots each. The other three starters combined took 10. I think Luka and KP will have to involve others in a bigger extent, not just an occasional three here and there.

Favors was pretty gettable and would have fixed a lot of the rebounding/big body/defense/hustle issues. 

Adams is reportedly gettable, how much are we willing to give up for him? I like the framework by SleepingHero, but if they're asking for a first and we have the 1 available, (plus I'd give them 2 seconds as well if Gallo is included) make it happen. It'd be nice to see more starting quality guys in the lineup at the expense of youth that will probably pan out to be really good bench players (I'm saying anyone except Luka or KP is available to them, we have JJB to align a weaker bench unit). One problem with adding Maxi or Powell  to the deal would be that we can't do it til December.

Hoping that Wright is just slowed down by the hammy, but needs the experience with the team to see where he fits. I'm also hoping this is a turning of the corner for THJ and something clicked this game. Disappointed in 5 for 10 FTs and poor 3%. Team as a whole though was 37% from 3, so there's that.

A lot of players were available, yet no one seemed to be good enough for us... We prefer to have our TE... But hey, we had best ever offseason...

While I love Adams, I don't think he would fit next to KP as both of them would have problems guarding quicker PF. And there are more teams with quicker PF than Detroit type of teams. Can you imagine Adams running after Siakam type of guys? However, if OKC would do THJ for Adams swap, I would do it immediately :-)

I think we would need more the Ibaka type of player. A strong PF that doesn't get bullied in the paint and can actually grab a rebound.

An Ibaka, Siakam, Aaron Gordon, Draymond Green, etc. type guy is exactly what we are missing. 

I love Adams too but the asking price is way too high. We should NOT be trading our 1st rounders any more; those are lottery tickets and a big reason why we fell from grace was because of our compulsion to rid of said 1st rounders. 

At this point, we just need to buckle up and enjoy the ride 'til 2021 summer rolls around and THJ is finally gone. Only then we have a chance to add a legit 3/D forward.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAMETHREAD: DAL @ DET, Oct 9, 6:00 PM....KP is a "15" in excitement level - by Fuerza1 - 10-10-2019, 12:15 PM