Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRELUDE 1: DAL 112 (1-0) @ MIL 102 (0-1)
Welcome to the first preseason game of the 2020/21 season. Luka vs. Giannis

But is it bad that I'm more excited to see Josh Green and Tyrell Terry? Oh and who could forget Tyler Bey? 

[Image: giphy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 06:12 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Welcome to the first preseason game of the 2020/21 season. Luka vs. Giannis

But is it bad that I'm more excited to see Josh Green and Tyrell Terry? Oh and who could forget Tyler Bey? 

Also despite new COVID protocols in place I was already able to obtain some exclusive post-game footage of Maxi Kleber.

[Image: source.gif]
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/3aGZA6WLI9Jde/giphy.gif

https://tenor.com/bojpy.gif
Like Reply
I'm sure Giannis hasn't forgotten his buddy throwing down this monster slam. 

14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
@"SleepingHero" are you wanting to do the gamethread in here as opposed to the preseason thread I made (I had been thinking we would do all three games in that one thread, but defer to you)?
Like Reply
Lots of new faces which is always exciting. But I’m also very curious to see how Powell is able to move after his achilles injury.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 08:41 AM)JamesConway Wrote: how Powell is able to move after his achilles injury

Wall and Nwaba had their first post achilles game yesterday and they both looked ok, so I am optimistic
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 08:05 AM)Kammrath Wrote: @"SleepingHero" are you wanting to do the gamethread in here as opposed to the preseason thread I made (I had been thinking we would do all three games in that one thread, but defer to you)?

I figured we could have each preseason game have its own gamethread instead of having 1 megathread where each game blended together. We can keep that preseason thread for general info regarding the preseason, but I thought each game would be unique enough to garner their own threads (for example what if T.Bey doesn't play tonight but gets the start next game? Stuff like that I feel would be diminished in a large continuous thread). 

(*also forgive me I didn't think you wanted that preseason thread to act as the defacto gamethread for all the games my bad Kamm!) 

I'll leave it up to the masses to decide which they'd prefer (OR Option C, which I'm also super down with, using the new discord chat for gamethreads).
Like Reply
What happened to the discord idea?

(12-12-2020, 10:20 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: ...OR Option C, which I'm also super down with, using the new discord chat for gamethreads

Yes. THIS.
Like Reply
Can't wait to see all the rooks and new guys.
Like Reply
I vote for a separate game thread. I'll try the discord thing, but those types of things usually move too fast for be to keep up and watch the game at the same time.
Like Reply
Tried to see if there was anything being broadcast on the mavs stream.  Tried first on firestick. Both silk & firefox would show geo-restricted and says to enable my device's locaton services to access content.  Tried on my laptop and had to give my name and an e-mail address but seems ready to go once the stream starts.
Like Reply
I'm expecting Powell's play, RC's rotations, THJ's shooting, etc to start spreading a lot of discord in the discord    Wink
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 06:31 PM)embellisher Wrote: I vote for a separate game thread. I'll try the discord thing, but those types of things usually move too fast for be to keep up and watch the game at the same time.

Well this thread will be up for a more traditional experience, as well as the discord chat. We can use both. One for real time reactions, the other for more broad takes about the game.

We'll see how it works out.
Like Reply
I will prob only get to be on Discord for a little bit tonight but I definitely encourage folks to try it. There won't' be too much chatter because I don't think that many are going to be online for a preseason game honestly.

Let's see some of that Powell, DFS interior rim protection tonight!
Like Reply
Is the Mavs.com stream the ONLY feed tonight? Is this game not on FSSW?
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 07:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is the Mavs.com stream the ONLY feed tonight? Is this game not on FSSW?

I currently am getting the FSSW feed on League Pass. So FSSW is covering it...
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 07:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is the Mavs.com stream the ONLY feed tonight? Is this game not on FSSW?

No idea since I don't have FSSW but I am double checking YTV to make sure there isn't a random NBA feed. Also got my hehestreams trial going.
Like Reply
Powell looks like a golden god champion.
Building a basketball team is a lot like chess, sometimes you just have to shuffle the pieces around.
Like Reply
I registered for Discord - any link to the precise chat?
Like Reply