Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRELUDE 1: DAL 112 (1-0) @ MIL 102 (0-1)
As for Luka being out of shape, I checked his bubble photos, and it is really not any difference

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fthesmokingcuban.com%2F2020%2F08%2F09%2Fmavericks-luka-doncic-win-bucks-orl%2F&psig=AOvVaw277rwtskgJxlQQE6opX_ph&ust=1607942291576000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCNCj4_3hyu0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAa

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/8/10/...s-me-happy
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 01:56 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: Terry wasn't even that bad. Typical rookie game.

Preseason is a time for teams to see where their rookies need to improve. So expect to see him run the point. How else can he improve that part of his game if you don't try him there?

They can do whatever they want with him in preseason, but that’s quickly coming to a close. My assessment is directed towards when the games start counting, and I don’t think we’re going to want him running the offense but rather playing off ball try to space the floor and hit some open threes. I’m sure we’ll work to develop him there in practice and blowouts, and we’ll probably even see it during meaningful moments this year due to injuries or COVID, but I don’t think that would be the preference based on RC’s point guard expectations.

Let’s see how the next couple of preseason games go.
Like Reply
Yeah they”out of shape” takes are sooo lazy and old and repetitive.

He was bad in the first quarter. But I think it’s more him sleepwalking not being ready than anything. Then he put up most his production in the 2nd quarter and looked normal.

Not worried about him.
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 09:16 AM)Drew Wrote: Yeah they”out of shape” takes are sooo lazy and old and repetitive.

He was bad in the first quarter. But I think it’s more him sleepwalking not being ready than anything. Then he put up most his production in the 2nd quarter and looked normal.

Not worried about him.
He didn't take the game serious at all, its hard to judge his shape. He was going from out of shape into basically twice as fast 12 min later in the 2nd quarter.

Still looked a bit heavy tho. Hope its working out without KP.
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 05:49 AM)omahen Wrote: As for Luka being out of shape, I checked his bubble photos, and it is really not any difference

Look at his arms. Arm-fat, now, none in the bubble.
Like Reply
I agree that Luka isn't in his tip-top condition, but I don't think it's a huge deal. 

Gotta remember that they didn't think the season would start until mid-January. His body is still a work in progress in general. It's probably not as easy for him to stay close to game shape all year long like it is for 25-30 year old.
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 05:49 AM)omahen Wrote: As for Luka being out of shape, I checked his bubble photos, and it is really not any difference

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fthesmokingcuban.com%2F2020%2F08%2F09%2Fmavericks-luka-doncic-win-bucks-orl%2F&psig=AOvVaw277rwtskgJxlQQE6opX_ph&ust=1607942291576000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCNCj4_3hyu0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAa

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/8/10/...s-me-happy

Prior to Luka’s rookie season he had to rest his body until the last minute due to the year around international schedule he had been playing in Europe.

In his 2nd year he clearly took advantage of the long off season and was in the best shape of his career. This clearly paid dividends on the court.

The context of the short off season once again sets up for late rest so it’s possible his fitness may suffer this season some. I hope not as I think his fitness is a factor he can control and one that is significant to his year long performance. I didn’t really watch the game last night so I don’t have an opinion other than the context.
Like Reply
I know we tend to over analyze things here  Smile  but I was reading through a Bucks thread last night and they had a comical page and a half of posts on how Giannis helped Maxi get up and did not help Middleton in a similar situation.  How it meant he was headed to Dallas.  I guess if I were a Bucks fan, I would be hypersensitive to his every move until he signed.

BTW, Bucks fans called Luka fat...
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 12:47 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I know we tend to over analyze things here  Smile  but I was reading through a Bucks thread last night and they had a comical page and a half of posts on how Giannis helped Maxi get up and did not help Middleton in a similar situation.  How it meant he was headed to Dallas.  I guess if I were a Bucks fan, I would be hypersensitive to his every move until he signed.

Luka is "fat" for a elite NBA player. It kinda irritates me that he doesn't take better care of his body. He's young and there's still plenty of time for him to take his health and conditioning more serious. As great as Luka is, I can't imagine how good he would be if he was in extremely good shape with low body fat. It's pretty scary really. 
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 12:47 PM)Hypermav Wrote: BTW, Bucks fans called Luka fat...

Say his got a double chin lol
Like Reply
https://i.imgflip.com/30rzjq.jpg
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 01:03 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 12:47 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I know we tend to over analyze things here Smile but I was reading through a Bucks thread last night and they had a comical page and a half of posts on how Giannis helped Maxi get up and did not help Middleton in a similar situation. How it meant he was headed to Dallas. I guess if I were a Bucks fan, I would be hypersensitive to his every move until he signed.

Luka is "fat" for a elite NBA player. It kinda irritates me that he doesn't take better care of his body. He's young and there's still plenty of time for him to take his health and conditioning more serious. As great as Luka is, I can't imagine how good he would be if he was in extremely good shape with low body fat. It's pretty scary really.

I love Luka, but this is one thing that irritates me, and tbh worries me. As he gets older it will be more difficult to get those extra 15 - 20 pounds off. It also makes me worry about how much he takes care of his body.

As a lifelong Rangers fan, I remember Buddy Bell. In his prime, he was one of the best third basemen of his generation. He made amazingly acrobatic defensive plays on a regular basis. He didn't take care of his body, didn't work out like he should have, and let himself get fat. His last 3 or 4 seasons were not up to his standards, and the last season it was sad to watch him, after him being so good in his prime.
Like Reply
All I need from Luka (for now) is an improved FT percentage. 

We can tackle showing up in the better shape than anyone else sometime in the future.
Like Reply
There was a whole thread on Luka being fat in Realgm
An interesting post there mentioned that Luka shared some Instagram stories during the offseason about him wanting to put on weight before the season. Can anyone confirm this?
This really helped to ease my concerns on his "work ethic" and maybe they have a real plan regarding this weight gain, about making him stronger or some such. Of course the added weight may put more stress on his knees and ankles, so maybe there is a long term plan on this as well
Anyway, just saying we may be well served not jumping into conclusions.. Smile
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 05:46 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: This really helped to ease my concerns on his "work ethic"

This you really shouldn't be concerned. Luka is as professional as he can be. He never had any problems with that.
Like Reply
If Luka bulked up during the offseason he'd also get "fatter," that's just how it works.
Like Reply