Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imbedding videos from NBA Advanced Stats
Hi!  I'm not very saavy for posting videos or links.  I like to post clips from NBA.com, but instead of them appearing as a text hyperlink, or an embedded video, they post as this

Is there a more elegant way to provide videos?  Thanks!
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 11:43 AM)DaRiv Wrote: Hi!  I'm not very saavy for posting videos or links.  I like to post clips from NBA.com, but instead of them appearing as a text hyperlink, or an embedded video, they post as this

Is there a more elegant way to provide videos?  Thanks!

This site software does not do well with embedded...have you tried copy/paste of the actual url directly into your post?...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Thanks, ClutchDirk.  It's funny, when you quote me in your reply, I see the hyperlinked texted in the quote, but not in the original post.  It looks the same when I just cut/paste the link in my post, like this:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameEv...t&sct=plot
Like Reply
@"Kammrath" is probably better suited to answer this since he posts lots of stats and videos which I do not do...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I do not know how to embed those kind of videos any better. The embed.ly plugin automatically grabs links, which is great for Twitter, but bad for this. YouTube automatically embeds well, but these videos don't. I looked and cannot find a way forward in my amateur state.
Like Reply