Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy basketball league
Got it
Free Jalen Brunson!
Like Reply
sounds fun... the league rules need some tweaking.  The draft is scheduled for 5PM on a friday.  can we make that later?  Also, it is set for 8hrs per pick.  ouch.  

Also, the max active seems quite restrictive to C's and flex.  

This is my first roto league (normally do h2h).  The league settings didn't list a player game count - is there a limit on that? how does that work?  Are players in this platform added day of, or next day?  Sorry for the ???'s   have fun!
Like Reply
(12-09-2020, 12:55 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: sounds fun... the league rules need some tweaking.  The draft is scheduled for 5PM on a friday.  can we make that later?  Also, it is set for 8hrs per pick.  ouch.  

Also, the max active seems quite restrictive to C's and flex.  

This is my first roto league (normally do h2h).  The league settings didn't list a player game count - is there a limit on that? how does that work?  Are players in this platform added day of, or next day?  Sorry for the ???'s   have fun!

All good points / questions. Yes everything save for the draft configuration was pretty much the default. I had been waiting a bit for us to at least get over half filled up before I tweaked the roster settings and established limits on games played per position, these setting have now been updated.

The way thev position limits will work is as follows: If the maximum number of games played has been exceeded for a particular position, all players set to that position on the Team Roster screen will no longer accumulate any more stats/points beginning the day after the maximum was met or exceeded, for the remainder of the season.

As for claiming free agents, we'll run it via a blind bid system. Each manager will be given a budget of $100 to use as they see best, and claims will process each night at 2 a.m. The minimum bid is set to $0.00, and in the event of a tie the FA will go to the earlier bidder. I'll probably set lineups to lock 5 minutes before the start of games, and should be able to have them lock on a position-by-position basis.

I'll be bumping the draft back indefinitely until we are full and have agreed on a time. If we can all be available at the same time we'll go with something like a 2 minute draft timer. We did a multi-day snake draft in my league last year with something around 8 hours just because there were folks playing out of a number of countries. While I slightly preferred the longer format (I think you can set it up so you get an email notification when you're on deck or due to draft) I am good with whatever the majority would like to settle on between knocking it out in one sitting or that.
Like Reply
(12-09-2020, 01:12 AM)Luka_Magic Wrote: As for free agency, we'll run it via a blind bid system. Each manager will be given a budget of $100 to use as they see best, and claims will process each night at 2 a.m. The minimum bid is set to $0.00, and in the event of a tie the FA will go to the earlier bidder. I'll probably set lineups to lock 5 minutes before the start of games, and should be able to have them lock on a position-by-position basis.

By "free agency" do you mean from season to season (like we're keeping our players and building from there) or are you talking about the in season people who have to be cut for roster reasons?

Sorry, I'm kinda noobish
Like Reply
(12-09-2020, 09:31 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: By "free agency" do you mean from season to season (like we're keeping our players and building from there) or are you talking about the in season people who have to be cut for roster reasons?

Free agents as in anyone who wasn't drafted or was dropped by another manager for one reason or another, yeah.
Like Reply
Personally, not a fan of FA budget.  That is kind of what the Waiver Wire is for.  FA's should be a free for all, imo.
Like Reply
Bump. Spots are still open. Need about 3 more!
Like Reply
Long time lurker from the previous board.  I signed up.
Like Reply
I just joined. one spot open.
Like Reply
A few questions. How is this draft going to work? I will be at work when it starts. I see you can do player rankings but the autodraft feature, unlike Yahoo, seems to not allow this. It gives you the option of Fantrax rankings or score, neither of which come close to what I would draft.

Also I can't figure out the settings/roster slots/etc. The interface is clunky compared to Yahoo.
Like Reply
Hey everyone, a few updates for you on the league.

We've had some good feedback here. By now everyone should have received an e-mail inviting you to sign up for the new Yahoo League that I've created. Sorry to ask you all to move but I'm going to shut down the Fantrax league. I agree with madmavsgirl that Yahoo is probably a better platform to use here. Also, we'll nix the FA budget and go use the more standard waiver wire system (shoutout Mavsfan12).

Would be great if everyone could make time for a live draft. How does Sunday night before the first day of games work for a draft? The evening of December 20th? Traveling back to Dallas Monday night so that's no good here.
Like Reply
Yahoo will one day be only known for hosting fantasy sports.  Seriously good platform, and defunct for everything else.  haha.  Good call moving there.  Sunday night works for me - the later the better.  I am not available before 6pm (central).  Thanks!
Like Reply
Sorry, I had a crazy week at work, couldn’t check in. Can I still get in or has it been filled?
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 06:07 PM)Derek Nowitzki Wrote: Sorry, I had a crazy week at work, couldn’t check in. Can I still get in or has it been filled?

All good. I believe you're claiming the 12th spot and final spot. I'll send you the link via PM.
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 06:23 PM)Luka_Magic Wrote: All good. I believe you're claiming the 12th spot and final spot. I'll send you the link via PM.
‘Privates’ are in the building...

just a heads up, I live in Japan, so I’m on a different time zone to everyone else, but should be ok for the live draft.
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 04:41 PM)Luka_Magic Wrote: Hey everyone, a few updates for you on the league.

We've had some good feedback here. By now everyone should have received an e-mail inviting you to sign up for the new Yahoo League that I've created. Sorry to ask you all to move but I'm going to shut down the Fantrax league. I agree with madmavsgirl that Yahoo is probably a better platform to use here. Also, we'll nix the FA budget and go use the more standard waiver wire system (shoutout Mavsfan12).

Would be great if everyone could make time for a live draft. How does Sunday night before the first day of games work for a draft? The evening of December 20th? Traveling back to Dallas Monday night so that's no good here.

Sunday night works for me!
Like Reply
I was thinking, are we doing any stipulations? For example:

You have to draft one current Mav

You have to draft one former Mav

You have to draft one rookie

Also, instead of bothering everyone of the boards, should we make some kind of group chat on Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever everyone wants?
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 04:51 AM)Derek Nowitzki Wrote: Also, instead of bothering everyone of the boards, should we make some kind of group chat on Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever everyone wants?
I think this would be fun to keep up with as an outside observer. To see the trash talking and updates on who's team is doing what. I don't see a problem with it staying here.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 04:51 AM)Derek Nowitzki Wrote: I was thinking, are we doing any stipulations? For example:

You have to draft one current Mav

You have to draft one former Mav

You have to draft one rookie

Also, instead of bothering everyone of the boards, should we make some kind of group chat on Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever everyone wants?

League chat is already there. Just download Yahoo Fantasy App.
Like Reply
FYI:

Still have 4 spots to fill in an existing Yahoo H2H 2 Keeper League. It's about 50% Mavs fans. You would be taking over a team and picking two keepers. If interested PM me and I can send an invite.
Free Jalen Brunson!
Like Reply