Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-15-2020, 06:20 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: I am one of those who feels this is good. As a Mavs fan who has been repeatedly burnt before, I never had high hopes of Giannis landing here. So the most likely outcome would have been Giannis going elsewhere to form a super team and Luka thinking that is the path for him too. 

Giannis is saying rings are not the be all / end all. As someone aptly wrote in this thread, ESPN can spin it however they want. KD’s rings don’t mean much to me.  However it had got to the point where greats like Barkley, Malone and Ewing were looked at as lesser greats due to not having a ring. So much so that every star these days felt the need for a ring to justify their legacy. 

Hopefully today is the start of a new trend that more than rings, the way you get it matters. That can only help the Mavs.

Also think the league is going to continue to push financial incentives for players to stick with their current teams to make small market owners happy.    The TV Ratings freefall for 3 straight years doesn't lie ... the Super Team era has been bad for the league. The CBA is going to have to be restructured do deal with the crazy revenue loss from COVID for the 2020 and at least part of 2021 season, and everyone is going to have to eat a gigantic poop sandwich. Who knows how it's going to play out with the China markets.    Maximizing your salary earnings ceiling might be at a higher premium with players than it has been in the past.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 12-16-2020, 08:15 AM