Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-15-2020, 05:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What I find truly ironic is that some people seem to think this development should somehow reassure us about Luka's future in Dallas. 

I think it's exactly the opposite. I think the odds that Luka stays in Dallas when his rookie extension expires took a pretty significant hit today. Long time between now and then, so a ton of things can change, but if I'm the Mavs I feel like the only shot I have is not only to be competitive by then (easily doable) but to be one of the 2-3 absolute national favorites to win the title (very, very difficult).

I am one of those who feels this is good. As a Mavs fan who has been repeatedly burnt before, I never had high hopes of Giannis landing here. So the most likely outcome would have been Giannis going elsewhere to form a super team and Luka thinking that is the path for him too. 

Giannis is saying rings are not the be all / end all. As someone aptly wrote in this thread, ESPN can spin it however they want. KD’s rings don’t mean much to me.  However it had got to the point where greats like Barkley, Malone and Ewing were looked at as lesser greats due to not having a ring. So much so that every star these days felt the need for a ring to justify their legacy. 

Hopefully today is the start of a new trend that more than rings, the way you get it matters. That can only help the Mavs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax - by hakeemfan - 12-15-2020, 06:20 PM