Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-15-2020, 04:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Part of me agrees.

But, the other part knows that there will be a super team up and running for the duration of Luka's career (and Giannis's, for that matter) making even the idea of winning a championship a perennial long shot. 

I know we all expected this, and hope is not lost, but I don't blame people if they want to let the feels in just for a bit today.

Maybe this next wave of NBA Superstars won't be as pathetic as Lebron and the Banana Boat Boys.  Maybe Giannis ushers in a new era that is less about mentally weak stars forming super teams and more about grinding...however long it may take...to get to the mountain top.

Maybe players decide to do it like Dirk or Kobe instead of like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, KD, Kawhi, AD, George, CP3, etc.

The cynic in me thinks, and has posted, that I am not at all impressed with what MIL has put together and Giannis will force his way out before this contract is up.

But I would love to be wrong about that.  I'd love to see Giannis chase rings in MIL, Luka in DAL, Booker in PHX, Ja in Memphis, SGA in OKC, Spida in UTA, Jamal and the Joker in DEN...and the list goes on.  

It's fun to see guys grow roots, have cities rally behind them as the face of the franchise, suffer the agony of the climb...and of course something special when it culminates like it did for Dirk and the Mavs.  

And the added benefit of Free Agency becoming less blockbuster than the ring chasing generation of players soon to be on their way out of the league....teams have to build through the draft and trades and I 100% trust Donnie in the trade market and am hoping this draft was the beginning of a new emphasis on that portion of team building.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax - by MaxiThreeba - 12-15-2020, 04:54 PM