Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-11-2020, 12:58 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Oh, you asked him, cool.

Maybe he thinks this, and I'd go as far as probably. Also, maybe he has a touch of remorse over how his negotiation with the FO went as opposed to how it went for Kleber and Powell. DFS has worked just as hard as either of those two. He's been rewarded for that hard work as a starter who helps to guard some of the better players in this league.

He hasn't been rewarded monetarily like Kleber and Powell have for the same hard work and results. Even if you argue that he's not worth as much as them, I can't believe that he's worth half as much. I wonder if he believes he's worth half as much.

I tried to give this an overall positiv view, because I think this kind of contract is a success for an undrafted player. 

I liked the contract for the Mavs the second he was put out. Couldn't believe nobody made a better offer (RFA). 

But he hadn't really earned a much bigger contract with his play, shooting just around 30% from 3. It was a kind of "we believe in you, but we are not sure yet" offer. 

I also remember Maxi talking about his agent fishing for offers from other teams. Maybe DFSs didn't and should have or didn't get any. 

If there is a ruthless move to talk about, it's sending Devin to the Nuggets.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - by Mapka - 12-12-2020, 02:21 AM