Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-11-2020, 10:20 AM)fifteenth Wrote: That list just makes me crazy, but I'll refrain this time. 

I don't think you can just cite all good and bad examples for teams and then say all teams are the same. Teams aren't all the same. I'm not saying this because I'm a Mavs fan, I'm saying this because I follow the NBA and also because I go to work. I believe that team culture is a thing based on following the NBA, reading news about what's going on with teams. etc. and also because I've worked at several companies (too many) and work culture is a thing. Some places have been much, much better than others, which makes sense because when you go to work (for an NBA team or anyone else) you're working with and for people (I feel silly saying obvious things that we all already know), and people vary greatly in their talents, abilities and how easy they are to get along with. People also very greatly with regard to whether they care about others, how they treat others, whether they're completely motivated by selfishnesss or not, whether they're honest, kind, considerate or not, whether they're competent or not. 

TLDR, or tired head over this topic version: Work culture is actually a real thing and actually matters. Not all work places are the same, not by a long shot.

I agree but I also don´t see any evidence that would put the Mavs at the top. We are not the Knicks and right now the chemistry is pretty good. Doesn´t change the fact that the Mavs also had some bad moments. There is no way to deny that in the pre Luka era the Mavs basically had a completly new roster every single year. A lot of one year deals and trades. Not to mention that the Mavs had some beef with the two most influential factions in the NBA media landscape. Feels like every single member of the late 00s Celtics team is working for ESPN or similar channels. Most of them like KG or Perkins don´t waste any opportunity to bash RC and the Mavs. Same for the Rich Paul/LBJ bubble. They aren´t doing any business with the Mavs.
Luka arriving as the potential new face of the NBA is slowly starting to change the narrative but it takes time.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - by dirkfansince1998 - 12-11-2020, 10:51 AM