Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-11-2020, 12:02 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I´m not sure what the minimum for a 2nd round rookie/caphold was last year. I believe last year it was 0.65 or something. Double that and it adds up to 1.3 and you basically land right on 112.4. Those are all just rounded numbers. I´m pretty sure, if you nail it down to the last dollar it will work out.

If not, Brunson´s contract is non-guaranteed and that easily makes up the difference. We´ll have to give up something to get rid of Powell anyway, and a Brunson extension seems unlikely. Powell + Brunson+ (depending on how  good/bad Powell looks) some sort of pick. That´s probably the laid out Giannis plan. I´m sure they have many other plans mapped out, but the Giannis one you can work out pretty easily.

It appeared to me your original point was that we planned to be exactly on the money and are there now by trading Powell (based on your chart).  That is not correct.  It is easy enough to go to Spotrac or other sources and see what they are using for an empty roster spot in 21 ($916,276).  So, KP, JRich (opt-in),  Luka, Maxi, DFS, Burke, Green, Brunson, Terry, Iwundu and 3 empty slots to get to 13 comes to $80.3mm.  The room is $32.1 and the needed room is $33.7.

If you are now trying to say it is easy enough to get the $1.7 needed, you are right, but not by dumping just Brunson.  His $1.8mm would have to be replaced by a minimum slot, so you only save a little under $900k.  You need to lose someone making north of $2.6mm to get there (so Powell and Green?).  Even if you remove JRich at $11.6 and add back Powell at $11.1, dumping Brunson doesn't quite get there.

I think you are trying to create precision where none exists.  The Bobby Marks and John Hollinger's of the world talk in terms of Dallas being able to "get to" max space.  They aren't quite there currently.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-11-2020, 06:57 AM