Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-10-2020, 10:10 PM)DrMav Wrote: How likely is it that JRich opts in though unless he has a bad year?

I don’t see it happening. There will be cap space available so he will likely stand to get a raise if he plays well. It would take a lot of trust to opt in after just one season with a team expecting them to pay you the next year, unless he does an ‘opt in and extend’. 

Maybe if he knew Giannis was coming and he would have a chance to get rings and $ just by waiting a year, but still, idk.
I think it's pure fantasy to think JRich would say "yeah sure I'm going to forego years of guaranteed money and let myself be underpaid for another year to get Giannis," especially when there are other paths to getting enough space even with his caphold. The only real cases of this happening are the Lebron Heat with 3 superstars, and Dirk, who is Dirk. JRich isn't going to risk his own career after 1 year with the Mavs. That's why I think any Giannis scenarios need to work with the assumption of JRich's cap hold instead of praying he has a good year but also hates money.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - by Branduil - 12-11-2020, 03:50 AM