Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-11-2020, 12:20 AM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: As far as JRich opting in to help land Giannis and trusting the MBT to follow through with a big extension the next year...

Obviously if he plays well it’s highly unlikely...but if there was ever a group to trust to take care of you it would be the guys that have;

- Gotten Dirk to take a pay cut to chase stars and then taken care of him with max money on the back end after they couldn’t land anyone

- Upped the salary of Wes after VAJ got locked in his house

- Handed out guaranteed $$$ to JJ as a small token of appreciation

This FO and Cuban in particular have shown they take care of their players...even after their playing careers are over and they’re homeless and addicted.

I wouldn’t put it past the MBT to make it work if they can finally get a commitment from a superstar FA after all these years.

We had this discussion just a few weeks ago because Bill Simmons mentioned that the Mavs and Celtics are the two teams that are absoutely ruthless when it comes to trading their own players.

For any of the mentioned good examples we have an equally bad one.
- I don´t think Wes or DAJ were happy when Cuban traded them.
- The Barnes situation looked really bad but I don´t think the Mavs are to blame for the entire drama because they informed him prior to the game that a trade was a possibility.
- Do you think that Tyson Chandler was happy when the Mavs dumped him because they wanted to chase bigger fishes? It happened twice. In 2011 and 2015.
- Do you think Wright is happy about the way his Mavs career ended?
- Not to mention the PG situation in the post championship years. Rondo, Collison or even DSJr
- Don´t forget Noel and the Rich Paul beef. Mavs aren´t doing any business with him and the entire LBJ bubble.

I think the Mavs aren´t any better or worse when it comes to the way they treat and interact with players. Some guys are part of the Mavs family after one or two seaons. Others spend years in Dallas but never belong.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - by dirkfansince1998 - 12-11-2020, 01:00 AM