Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-10-2020, 07:29 PM)Halfnir Wrote: Taking the cap/salary figures from https://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/cap/2021/
- Assume you can talk JRich to opt-in and get paid a year later. 

So you need to drop 16,127,581 of salary to have room for Giannis, so you either trade DP and Maxi for air or trade DP and one of Green/Burke for air and drop WCS team option (adding one empty slot at rookie min).

All correct? Big questions are: will Giannis leave the super max on the table? Will JRich co-operate? Do you find a taker for DP?

I would prefer letting JRich go away if we know we have Giannis. 
Get him, and see what type of FA who is all in on getting a ring and offer him the room exception (MLE) 
Maybe if Miami get Oladipo then Dragic is available, I am sure he would love to be here with his body; Luka and get a ring? Maybe Derozen will have same intention? 

PS: This is under the assumption that DP is either doesn't look as his former self and we will have to attach assets to trade him for cap, or that he is actually back to being good, which means I would prefer having him as we will need every possible depth for the 5 in case KP gets injured.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - by khaled1987 - 12-10-2020, 09:17 PM