Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-10-2020, 02:15 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So Kamm I did not mean to offend anyone, I am trying to say this as a positive thing for BLM, albeit snarky that Giannis can turn down $200+ mil if he wants to. I watched some of Lil Waynes' comments on BLM and he says basically the same kind of thing, albeit better than I could. Basically I am saying what a world we live in where Giannis and other black athletes have this kind of empowerment.

I wasnt going to say anything after the first comment as I don't think you were trying to be offensive. However...

I'm not a BLM advocate but I am a African American.  Yeah it's cool that that GA can take his pick of teams and still be guaranteed 200+ mil, and it's nice the Wayne has had the opportunity to make the money he has, but the average black household is under 50,000 a year, lower than any other race. Not really seeing that empowerment overthere.

I'm sure you weren't trying to take it there but they way it was worded reeked of the "we had a black president, what's the deal" line of thinking 

Not trying to turn this to a social argument,  just saying maybe when some of that other stuff balances more people will hop on that "what a wonderful world " train
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - by Doncinomics - 12-10-2020, 08:34 PM