Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-09-2020, 01:52 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Ultimately, DAL with Luka still on his rookie scale deal, offers the perfect storm of the ability to add in a max player with 3 top end players, keep a large portion of their talent, win now and for the foreseeable future creating one of the best fitting trios in the game's history.  Yeah, I am optimistic.  We are the premier destination for a FA this offseason - particularly a PF such as GA.  It is a perfect match.  I think he knows it, too, or he would have signed already.

Logically, Dallas is indeed the best fit for GA. Great team, perfect fit, possibility of a dynasty, don't have to gut the team to make his contract work. 

Unfortunately, as we've seen so many times before, most NBA players don't look at these things.

Usually they appear to make the decision based on money, destination, or because they can team up with a friend. 

Money? Milwaukee can offer more than anybody. 

Destination? Certainly not Milwaukee, but probably not Dallas either. 

Friends?  He doesn't really have many NBA friends, from what I've read, Bam and KP are probably his two closest that aren't teammates. 

Now GA is a bit of a different guy, compared to most NBA players, kind of keeps to himself, and doesn't appear to crave the spotlight. Kind of like Kawhi.  So maybe he makes the logical decision, instead of the emotional one.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: in next few days MIL confident he WILL sign supermax (he hasn't) - by embellisher - 12-09-2020, 09:41 AM