Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
One last round of thoughts on this, and why I am the one banging this drum for GA to Dal - IF he moves.  It isn't just Luka/KP as the best duo... it is by far the best fit - both in terms of positional and age.  MIA has Butler/Bam - where neither shoots, and that team with GA has a lot of trouble with spacing.  At least Bam can play the C position to allow GA to slot in at PF.  TOR has Pascal/OG - they have a bit better shooting profile and would be a better fit than MIA.  GA would need to be a C in Tor, though.  So fit is not great.  I think that they would make it work and have other teams matchup to them.

However, if you look at the cap situation for them, it becomes more clear for Dal...  With the signings of VanV and Bam, both teams have basically made it necessary to either SnT, or send out players with nothing coming back.  And either scenario leaves them jettisoning players they would rather keep. 

MIA has basically half of their team on 1+1's, but they are mostly older players that Mil wouldn't take back in trade, and that team boils down to Butler/Bam/Herro/Precious and the capholds for Nunn/Robinson.  Then minimum slots...  Not much there.  

Tor has a major issue clearing space if they want to sign GA - either trading a lot of players for nothing coming back, or putting together a package of solid players going back to Mil that removes them as desirable to go there.  Especially if Powell opts in to his option.  They are pushing 95M+ with OG's caphold.  

Ultimately, DAL with Luka still on his rookie scale deal, offers the perfect storm of the ability to add in a max player with 3 top end players, keep a large portion of their talent, win now and for the foreseeable future creating one of the best fitting trios in the game's history.  Yeah, I am optimistic.  We are the premier destination for a FA this offseason - particularly a PF such as GA.  It is a perfect match.  I think he knows it, too, or he would have signed already.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: in next few days MIL confident he WILL sign supermax (he hasn't) - by Mavsfan12 - 12-09-2020, 01:52 AM