Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-07-2020, 12:04 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think the motivation is to get all that money locked up in case of catastrophic injury. Now as we have seen with KD when you are MVP-level good then even an achilles means you aren't necessarily giving up max money but then we haven't seen someone suffer that type of injury with a Supermax on the table.

I do believe Giannis will sign it for that reason and because he doesn't want it hanging over his head all year. He knows that if he wants to go somewhere else he can force his way out like every other star player.

Giannis is doing what most of these guys do which is just drag out the decision because they like the attention. I expect him to sign it before the deadline.

If Giannis wants to come to Dallas, he will not sign.  Period.  Why would he screw up his future team - which would then need to give up massive assets to acquire him.  Honestly, it would make zero sense.  If you are GA, do you want to go to Dallas and play WITH KP, or get traded FOR KP (as well as other assets)???  The Mavs have put themselves in the absolute perfect position to sign the best FA available, in terms of WINNING.  Come here and you are going to win.  If winning is what you want, we got you covered.  They aren't in the position to give up a ton of assets, other than at the TDL to a team wanting capspace.  But they are a turnkey franchise for a player like GA who has said winning is his primary objective.  Time to put up or shut up. Haha.  

Mil with GA in '21 isn't close to Dal with GA in '21 - and they are just getting started and will hold all of their future picks, except one in '23.  Only reason he would stay would be loyalty and wanting his own team...  He IS a loyal guy, but he has put out multiple statements lately that winning is #1 and that he wouldn't mind not being the best player on the team.   That is dripping with clues that he is on his way out - and that Dal is his destination.  

I will continue to believe he is coming unless he signs - no doubt.  But if he does sign, he isn't.  It is that simple.  He would have preserved the assets to win here.  If he BOTH wanted to come to DAL and was loyal, he could tell them now and they could workout a WAY below market trade for a '27 FRP and some expirings (and maybe a young player).  That gets him here sooner, but still think he sticks it out this year and signs with Dal, or resigns with the Bucks.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: in next few days MIL confident he WILL sign supermax (he hasn't) - by Mavsfan12 - 12-08-2020, 11:20 PM