Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-07-2020, 02:05 PM)Tyler Wrote: As an aside, while everyone is focusing on Giannis I'm just as curious about Jrue Holiday. Does he really plan to stay after this year? If not, the Bucks royally screwed their future for a rental. That has to weigh on Giannis as well.

Think about it in terms of both of those guys, and it feels like kindof a package deal. Either they both have to be all-in, or it's no longer appealing to either. That's a really risky situation for Milwaukee to place themselves in.

I started to dismiss this by parroting the same "well if Giannis is in, Holiday will be in" crap everyone else will say but then I remembered that we're talking about Milwaukee. 

If Giannis signs before this season, I can almost guarantee you they will try to lowball Holiday on the next deal. Now, I'm a HUGE fan of his game and I don't think he's a max player, but I also didn't think he was worth 3 picks and 2 pick swaps, either. In a situation like next summer where there's more cap room out there than executive brainpower, he might just get PAID. 

It's a good point you're making. That's the moral of the story.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: in next few days MIL confident he WILL sign supermax (he hasn't) - by KillerLeft - 12-07-2020, 02:14 PM