Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-07-2020, 12:23 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The silent avoidance just creates chaos. I don't get it. I feel like fans and media alike would respond really positively and with great respect for a statement like the above.

Maybe you think Giannis actually wants to create this chaos? Think about it. Like I said in my previous post, Giannis right now holds all the leverage. He alone has the power to make the MIL front office uncomfortable. This is a big deal. This franchise historically is perfectly content being a middling team. They do NOT care about being the best. 

So if you're Giannis, why would you voluntarily cut short the time you have to make this franchise nervous? Remember, if the Bucks are lazy, Giannis could just leave, but obviously they don't want that so they will be pressured to do everything they can to get him locked up. Giannis coming out 2 weeks early and basically saying "hey guys! No decision right now. Will wait till next offseason" would totally release the pressure valve and make the FO kick the can down the road 4 months and give them time to brainstorm.

No. Giannis probably will and SHOULD use ALL the time on the clock. I'm sure his agent and himself recognize if he wants to stay in MIL, this is the only way to keep their competitive fire lit at full blast.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: in next few days MIL confident he WILL sign supermax (he hasn't) - by SleepingHero - 12-07-2020, 01:01 PM