Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-07-2020, 11:48 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/ICanBeYourHerro/stat...4423310338

This is gonna look super dumb if he signs it in two days, but I honestly can't see it happening, since it wasn't the first thing he did when camp started. 

Think about it: what possible reason could he have to wait until the END of camp? Obviously, Milwaukee would be willing to meet any possible variable term he wants - player option in year 5, whatever. So, it's not like there's anything to negotiate. If he was going to sign it this summer, why subject himself or the team to the barrage of questions they're likely getting right now from the media? 

I agree with @"SleepingHero"...objectively speaking, there's very little motivation to justify a decision to sign NOW. The same deal will be there next summer, for sure, even if his leg gets ripped off in a bear attack. The only downside to waiting is the level of media crap he's going to go through in the meantime, and if that's something he can't live with, I feel like this would've been announced already.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: in next few days MIL confident he WILL sign supermax (he hasn't) - by KillerLeft - 12-07-2020, 11:59 AM