Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(12-06-2020, 02:34 PM)Tyler Wrote: Since both sides appear to be stalling on the extension for some reason, I noticed an odd contractual nuance that may or may not be related.

When teams trade for players, they normally can't be aggregated with other players in a new trade for 2 months. Because of the abbreviated schedule this year, apparently that rule was temporarily changed so that the delay is only 19 days. And with all of the '20 transactions officially starting in mid November, that deadline will be expiring this week for a lot of guys which could open up a new wave of potential trades.

So I see three potential things happening: 

1. Milwaukee has one more trade lined up involving a recently traded player, and Giannis is waiting for that to go through before signing his extension.
2. Milwaukee plans to trade Giannis because he won't sign an extension, but has to wait for the clock to run out on required players in the deal coming back.
3. It's all completely unrelated and Giannis will make some sort of statement either way whenever he feels like it.

For Mavs-related conspiracy theorists (like me), note for the purposes of #2 that (according to TradeNBA) Josh Richardson is eligible to be aggregated in a new trade on Monday and James Johnson on Thursday. Maybe JJB is in camp because Dallas already has a deal lined up (with one more guy going out than coming in) that they simply can't announce yet. 

And maybe the guy Dallas is targeting is the same one avoiding the press in Milwaukee this week. Wink

# 1.  So the Hawks agreed to help out the Bucks after they blew the Bagdanovic S&T.  Now the (Hawks) are waiting for his aggregated trade date to trade him to the Bucks'.  OK??  Might explain why they also traded for Snell and signed Dunn.  But what would go back to Atlanta?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: in next few days MIL confident he WILL sign the supermax - by chaparral - 12-06-2020, 03:13 PM