Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(11-28-2020, 09:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"ItsGoTime" I agree that Miami is closer. Mostly, I think what makes them closer is that they have significantly more experience. The Mavericks didn’t have Crowder, Butler or Dragic, basically, But in the long run, I think they might be better off as a result of staying young. The surprise of this year’s off-season is that our Mavs elected not to add older, experienced players. This is a nod to long-term planning, in my opinion, and very welcome.

If we presume Dallas doesn't do anything creative and just signs Giannis outright (which is essentially a trade of THJ/JRich/Johnson and a minor contract, here is what we have around our big three...

KP/Maxi
GA/Powell
DFS/Iwundu
Green/Burke/Terry
Luka/Brunson

That feels a little bit too young to me.  It is easily fixed if they return JRich by moving additional salary between now and the signing.  Another way of retaining JRich and the young core would be to go after a less expensive FA.  The same agency that represents GA also represents Anunoby.  If you want to get younger and more defensive while also maintaining spacing, how about a big offer to RFA Anunoby while Toronto is hunting bigger fish.  It would take an over-pay to scare them off

KP/Maxi
Anunoby/Powell
DFS/Iwundu
JRich/Green/Burke
Luka/Brunson/Terry
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: MIL losing confidence he will sign supermax deal - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-02-2020, 08:40 AM