Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(11-29-2020, 05:49 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: When is the trade deadline this year?

I wanna see some action with all our expiring contracts once Giannis is off the board.

...but only if it's GOOD action.

(11-29-2020, 02:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I will say that I'd be happy if Giannis resigns. Its great for the league a star is showing loyalty.

I won't, and it has nothing to do with the Mavericks. 

I've probably mentioned this, but I used to go to the Chicago/Milwaukee area once a month for work. Through the process of familiarizing myself with the area I developed a healthy contempt for everything about Milwaukee, with the notable exception of their fairly interesting bar scene. Believe me when I say that the downtown area is always torn up to the point where you might think you're in Beirut, nobody who lives there is happy about it, and every sports fan in the area is completely and totally disillusioned. Outside of the packers, the consensus is that Wisconsin's pro teams are all terribly run by the ultimate cheapskate owners. 

The Bucks are about to fall short of going to the finals again. If, by some miracle, they do make it that far, the Lakers or Clippers will beat them in 5 games without having to pay attention. It Giannis hasn't signed, the narrative will be about his impending free agency, and in that scenario he'll be viewed as a savior for any number of teams by the league at large. If he HAS signed on to stay, the narrative will be "Giannis isn't really good enough to get it done, is he?" It's the same old news cycle - we've seen Dirk go through it firsthand. But unlike Dirk, Giannis is miscast as a ball-handler/creator, so he will be powerless to change this narrative. In other words, the narrative might actually be correct in his case. My guess is that if he signs in Milwaukee he will effectively be putting an expiration date on his own relevance. 

I would HATE to see him end up with the Lakers, but for the sake of Giannis and the NBA, I would much, much rather see him in Toronto or Miami, two well run teams, than stuck with a franchise who doesn't seem to understand the salary cap as well as 20-30 people in this community. They should blow that organization up and move it to Seattle, imo.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: report that Giannis WILL sign the supermax - by KillerLeft - 11-29-2020, 05:56 PM