Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(11-28-2020, 08:57 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 04:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What I’M saying is that the Mavs would ALSO have made that choice. They’ve passed nothing up that resembles Adabayo. I think Miami would’ve PREFERRED having him wait a year, but when they saw that this tactic might upset him, they of course made the sensible choice. 

Crowder helped them a great deal last year, but they quickly adopted the “take a one year deal or leave it” approach with him. This is smart, because the core of their talent is not yet solid enough for a role player like that to make a noticeable difference past this one season. 
They are able to do it much easier than we are cause they already have a group of players that they KNOW can get them to the finals. They need to tweek to get them the championship. We aren't all that close to where they are. So of course the Mavs would have made that decision, probably would have made it before making Adebayo got upset about it even (if that is indeed what happened). 

I agree with what you're saying above, but that has nothing to do with what I was saying, so it seemed like an odd jumping off point to make your statement.
Are they that much closer?

Giannis 37
Butler 36
Adebayo 28
Seven caphold 4.9
Herro 4
Robinson 2.2

Dragic, Olynyk, Nunn, Igoudala, Crowder, Meyers-Leonard will all be gone from that team. They have to give away Achiuwa to make the math work. They have no PG.

Other option: How does it sit with Giannis, if they want to trade his friend Bam "for him" and what team do they have left, if they move Butler.

Our roster

Giannis 37
Porzingis 31
Richardson 12
Doncic 10
Kleber 8
DFS 4
Green 3
Terry 2
Brunson 2
Bey 1.5
Capholds 1.4

If this decision was simply based on which roster gives him the best chance of winning the Mavs are it, but players are humans.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: MIL losing confidence he will sign supermax deal - by Mavs2019 - 11-28-2020, 09:58 PM