Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
(11-27-2020, 05:46 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Rooting for the super max extension. Giannis taking us out of our misery early would be a blessing in disguise.

Worst case scenario: this drags into week 1-2 of next year‘s FA and he goes elsewhere after the majority of FAs have moved to other teams.

We’ve been there. No need to go back there. This feels like a waste of time for DAL.

I’m trying to understand this mindset, but for the life of me, I just can’t. 

What “misery” are we talking about? Not having average players locked up on long term deals? Not being locked into a mediocre roster? We’ve seen that movie before, remember? It was called “Poor, poor Dirk.”  It was a Shakespearean tragedy, not the Christopher Nolan thrill ride you guys all seem to remember. 

If/when Giannis comes off the board, you look at the next difference maker, and then the next. I don’t believe Gobert and KP can play together, personally, but it should be noted that if the Mavs do, then he’s a difference maker. There are so many others. 

Luka signs his rookie max extension next summer! From that point on, the Mavs are an over the cap team (unless they strip down to ONLY him at some point - which he will not want to do). I find it extremely shortsighted that people aren’t willing to remain flexible and opportunistic between now and then. Clearly, you have to lock in the best possible roster before he signs that extension, but you have time between now and then to search for the best possible path.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANNIS THREAD: MIL losing confidence he will sign supermax deal - by KillerLeft - 11-27-2020, 12:27 PM