Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
EXTENSION: Gobert signs 5yr/$205M w/ UTA | DAL "significant interest" if available
Regarding Oladipo, the Pacers have seemed to be eager to dump Myles Turner's salary. The Mavs would be one of the few teams who could easily absorb both salaries with THJ+Johnson matching nicely. Something to keep an eye on I suppose.
Like Reply
Good for him. Take that money.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(12-20-2020, 11:11 AM)Branduil Wrote: Regarding Oladipo, the Pacers have seemed to be eager to dump Myles Turner's salary. The Mavs would be one of the few teams who could easily absorb both salaries with THJ+Johnson matching nicely. Something to keep an eye on I suppose.

Speaking of Myles Turner he is my new favorite idea. I think actually I bet me and Kamm can agree on some kind of Powell for Turner trade. If they truly just want to dump Turners salary I would also be fine with a Johnson swap. 

If they want to expand the trade with an THJ for Dipo swap I like it even more. 

I previously resisted the Turner love bc I thought Rick would want someone thats more like a big wing than Turner. Now it appears he is stuck to the idea of a rim rolling 4/5 hybrid. So with that I would be ecstatic to bring Turner to upgrade that spot.
Like Reply
(12-20-2020, 02:27 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Speaking of Myles Turner he is my new favorite idea. I think actually I bet me and Kamm can agree on some kind of Powell for Turner trade. If they truly just want to dump Turners salary I would also be fine with a Johnson swap. 

If they want to expand the trade with an THJ for Dipo swap I like it even more. 

I previously resisted the Turner love bc I thought Rick would want someone thats more like a big wing than Turner. Now it appears he is stuck to the idea of a rim rolling 4/5 hybrid. So with that I would be ecstatic to bring Turner to upgrade that spot.

Don´t think Turner is a rim runner or pick and roll player. More similiar to KP. Center on defense. Really good rim protector and solid on the perimeter. PF on offense. Turner loves the midrange game. Pacers tried to turn more of his midrange attempts into 3s but it isn´t working.
Like Reply
(12-20-2020, 02:27 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I bet me and Kamm can agree.on some kind of Powell for Turner trade.

1) I want to give DP a chance because I would take a fully healthy "back to normal" DP over Turner.

2) I am generally not a fan of Turner who has been a negative in on/off the last two years and is a BELOW AVERAGE pick and roll partner. I would rather not have a 2nd big than have Turner generally speaking. 

NOTE: I do NOT want a 2nd big next to KP just for the sake of it, I only want a 2nd big if their impact is positive and their talent is very high.
Like Reply
I think Turner can rim roll for sure and is more balanced on offense in general. His defense is far superior to Powell. Even though he's big he moves well. I don't see how he wouldn't be an instant upgrade.
Like Reply
(12-20-2020, 02:45 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think Turner can rim roll for sure and is more balanced on offense in general. His defense is far superior to Powell. Even though he's big he moves well. I don't see how he wouldn't be an instant upgrade.

So Turner is like 40th percentile as the roll man (below average) while DP is like 90-95th percentile (ELITE).

Also, DP's team defensive impact numbers have been better than Turner basically their whole careers. Turner is a massively overrated defender. His big impacts earlier in his career (which have now disappeared) were on the offensive side of the ball.
Like Reply
How much of Powells eliteness do you attribute to being paired with Luka and JJB for most of his career?
Like Reply
(12-20-2020, 03:21 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: How much of Powells eliteness do you attribute to being paired with Luka and JJB for most of his career?

Probably a lot. But he is a known commodity that has a good impact here when healthy alongside Luka. There is very little I see in Turner that I like either from eye test or numbers test. Is it possible that Turner could be a good fit in DAL? Of course, I just don't personally see it and wouldn't give up much of anything to get him.
Like Reply
Turner isn't a roll guy.  

I dont dislike the player but he does what Maxi does and the Mavs seem hesitant to put Maxi in the starting lineup.
Like Reply
Wow -- good for Rudy. For all the talk about how the center position isn't what it used to be, to earn $40mm a year shows just how unique he is.
Like Reply
(12-20-2020, 03:21 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: How much of Powells eliteness do you attribute to being paired with Luka and JJB for most of his career?

He was great with Devin. Also, many other bigs have played with Devin, JJB and Luka without doing what Powell has done. Of course  Tyson Chandler and Brandan Wright were efficient in the pnr with the Mavs, but not all the bigs have been.
Like Reply
Oops, I did Powell outside of Powell Thread
Like Reply
(12-20-2020, 05:12 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Oops, I did Powell outside of Powell Thread

I expect a huge fine for this. I am guilty myself often as well.
Like Reply
Turner never took the next step. While Rick is a big whisperer, that's going to be a no from me dog. I'd rather work something out long term with THJ than take a gamble on Dipo.
Like Reply
The fact that a guy like Gobert got 205 mil makes me think the KP contract is a freaking bargain, even with health issues.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-20-2020, 05:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The fact that a guy like Gobert got 205 mil makes me think the KP contract is a freaking bargain, even with health issues.

Gobert has been a much better and much more impactful player than KP and it is not even close. Gobert got the contract he deserves as a top 10 player in the NBA.
Like Reply
(12-20-2020, 02:15 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
That was over as soon as the Jazz got a new owner. New owner always needs to make a positive splash. Gobert hit the jackpot. Perfect timing for him.
Like Reply
Good for Rudy.....
.....but.........
In today's NBA...
...that contract won't age well.

Didn't want him here with KP.
Like Reply