Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
Basically this is just the Rockets fucking things up for everyone else because they are a shit franchise from a shit city with a bunch of shitty employees.  Houston Sucks.
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 06:24 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: Basically this is just the Rockets fucking things up for everyone else because they are a shit franchise from a shit city with a bunch of shitty employees.  Houston Sucks.

Good to know that I can shit on your human rights as well as long as I blame the Rockets.
Morey said exactly what every decent human being from the US or europe is thinking. How dare he...

The problem isn´t Morey speaking out against the chinese regime. The problem is that no one else is doing the same.
Like Reply
Has anyone seen the latest episodes of South Park, this season? 

They are giving it to China over their practices, and now the Chinese government has censored South Park(which is amazing they didn't do it sooner than now tbh)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s...de-1245783

Soooo yeah... this story won't like go away anytime soon... as I imagine South Park will keep going at it for this season, and this will only stoke the flames
Like Reply
I usually don't get political, but this is why I will always support the right to bare arms for all free men. 1.4 billion ruled by a handful of control freak losers and there is nothing they can do about it. I'm forever grateful that much braver men than I made my home the most free on the planet.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 07:11 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I usually don't get political, but this is why I will always support the right to bare arms for all free men. 1.4 billion ruled by a handful of control freak losers and there is nothing they can do about it. I'm forever grateful that much braver men than I made my home the most free on the planet.

Completly disagree. But I guess the guns vs no guns discussion will never end. I never understood the guns equal freedom argument people are trying to make. In most cases  guns are taking away the freedom or ending lifes.
Looking at gun related homicide and suicide rates in the world it is obvious that the US have a problem that other western countries don´t have....I wonder why.

Would it make any difference for the people in Hongkong if they were armed? I don´t think so. It would make things worse because the response from China would be even more violent.
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 07:43 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Would it make any difference for the people in Hongkong if they were armed? I don´t think so. It would make things worse because the response from China would be even more violent.

You and I (assuming you are American) would still be under the King's rule with that attitude. Freedom is not free.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 08:08 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 07:43 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Would it make any difference for the people in Hongkong if they were armed? I don´t think so. It would make things worse because the response from China would be even more violent.

You and I (assuming you are American) would still be under the Kings rule with that attitude. Freedom is not free.

First of all the same is true for nearly every other country in the world. Difference is that they realize and acknowledge the historical achievement without using it to justify the use of weapons today.
It doesn´t change the fact that we are endangering lifes because dangerous people can easily obtain guns. People fought and died for our freedom and our constitution. They probably did not do it to enable school shootings and killing sprees.
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 08:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: First of all the same is true for nearly every other country in the world. Difference is that they realize and acknowledge the historical achievement without using it to justify the use of weapons today.
It doesn´t change the fact that we are endangering lifes because dangerous people can easily obtain guns. People fought and died for our freedom and our constitution. They probably did not do it to enable school shootings and killing sprees.

Hey man, I'm not going to argue about gun control on DallasMavsBasketball.com. I think we can find common ground...

Both severe government oppression and shooting up schools are bad. We just have different ideas about a solution to those problems.
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 06:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 06:24 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: Basically this is just the Rockets fucking things up for everyone else because they are a shit franchise from a shit city with a bunch of shitty employees.  Houston Sucks.

Good to know that I can shit on your human rights as well as long as I blame the Rockets.
Morey said exactly what every decent human being from the US or europe is thinking. How dare he...

The problem isn´t Morey speaking out against the chinese regime. The problem is that no one else is doing the same.
Why don't you try and shit on my human rights and see how it turns out for you homey.  Everyone knew this was going to happen in 1997 but we didn't do shit.  What about the other 1.3 billion Chineese living under the same regime that we think Hong Kong needs freedom from?   Thank god for dear Daryl Morey and his twitter nonsense.
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 08:33 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 08:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: First of all the same is true for nearly every other country in the world. Difference is that they realize and acknowledge the historical achievement without using it to justify the use of weapons today.

Hey man, I'm not going to argue about gun control on DallasMavsBasketball.com. I think we can find common ground...

Both severe government oppression and shooting up schools are bad. We just have different ideas about a solution to those problems.

Agree...maybe not the best place. Nevertheless it is a discussion we (the civil society) need to have. The topic is relevant for every single person.

(10-10-2019, 08:39 PM)Benskix2 Wrote:

Why don't you try and shit on my human rights and see how it turns out for you homey.  Everyone knew this was going to happen in 1997 but we didn't do shit.  What about the other 1.3 billion Chineese living under the same regime that we think Hong Kong needs freedom from?   Thank god for dear Daryl Morey and his twitter nonsense.

You mean the people that aren´t getting repressed because of their race or religion? Wonder what Uyghurs or Tibetans think about it?
I actually thought that minorities should have rights as well but I guess that´s not the case. Maybe labor camps are the best solution for the people in Hongkong as well.

But back to the initial topic. Ignoring your obvious hatred for Houston and everything that is related to the city. Outside of voicing his opinion like any other free person in this country. What exactly did Morey do wrong? How are the Rockets or the city of Houston to blame for the opinion of a single person?
Like Reply

Are you actually threatening df98 on the internet? That's silly.

Voicing support for protesters in Hong Kong doesn't necessarily mean that you want the rest of China to continue to suffer under an oppressive government. Practically speaking, however, Hong Kong already has a measure of freedom, so it's way more likely that Hong Kong can preserve their freedom than it is for the rest of China to get free. I'm sure, though, that if you asked Morey, he would love it if all of China could operate under a less oppressive government.

TLDR version: your post doesn't make sense.
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 09:06 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

Voicing support for protesters in Hong Kong doesn't necessarily mean that you want the rest of China to continue to suffer under an oppressive government. Practically speaking, however, Hong Kong already has a measure of freedom, so it's way more likely that Hong Kong can preserve their freedom than it is for the rest of China to get free. I'm sure, though, that if you asked Morey, he would love it if all of China could operate under a less oppressive government.

If anything he was threatening me tbh, he said he was going to shit on my human rights, wtf am I supposed to say?  I'm done here, I can see folks are just fishing for drama.
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 09:41 PM)Benskix2 Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 09:06 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

If anything he was threatening me tbh, he said he was going to shit on my human rights, wtf am I supposed to say?  I'm done here, I can see folks are just fishing for drama.

Oh, I don't think he was threatening you, but if you thought he was, then now I understand that part your post. Still don't really understand what's bad about someone saying they agree with the protesters though.
Like Reply
This thread has jumped the shark.  Maybe time for ROTW.  Haha.
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 10:40 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: This thread has jumped the shark.  Maybe time for ROTW.  Haha.

So what do you think about occultic tattoos and whether or not evolution and religion are compatible?
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 10:58 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 10:40 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: This thread has jumped the shark.  Maybe time for ROTW.  Haha.

So what do you think about occultic tattoos and whether or not evolution and religion are compatible?
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Like Reply
Regardless of what you think about Donald Trump, it is actually hilarious(ly sad) that the same people in the league who openly oppose him don't have the balls to call out China. Really puts things in to perspective.

(Two political posts in one night, I'm outa control)
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 07:11 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I usually don't get political, but this is why I will always support the right to bare arms for all free men. 1.4 billion ruled by a handful of control freak losers and there is nothing they can do about it. I'm forever grateful that much braver men than I made my home the most free on the planet.

You can´t honestly believe that if the US government decided to deploy the full force of their military arsenal like stealth fighters, drones and tanks and decided to control you with physical force rather than monetary one, you´d be able to do a damn thing about it with your semi-automatic rifles and handguns. China is controlled by their government. The West is controlled by corporations.  All in the game yo.  Wink
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 04:47 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: You can´t honestly believe that if the US government decided to deploy the full force of their military arsenal like stealth fighters, drones and tanks and decided to control you with physical force rather than monetary one, you´d be able to do a damn thing about it with your semi-automatic rifles and handguns. China is controlled by their government. The West is controlled by corporations.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 01:30 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Regardless of what you think about Donald Trump, it is actually hilarious(ly sad) that the same people in the league who openly oppose him don't have the balls to call out China. Really puts things in to perspective.

(Two political posts in one night, I'm outa control)

Folks know about Trump. He's in our own backyard, and if you're on twitter, in your face. 

But folks have to read to know what's going on in China, although they've been brutal and oppressive to their own citizens since Mao (for about 70 years). Should we take folks in the U.S. to task for not openly opposing events in Kashmir, with the Kurds in Syria and Iraq, in Sudan, in Yemen, or in Myanmar? 

I'm not up on all the current human rights disasters worldwide. I just pulled up genocidewatch.com to type out that list. I mean maybe you're right, maybe we should all be talking about these things and openly opposing the oppressive regimes, but we typically don't.
Like Reply