Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
Depending on what happens with WCS, we have either 14 or 15 players.  Burke is a no-go now with Terry here.  Spending the MLE seems less likely as I still assume WCS will be here (maybe using some of the MLE).  A trade might make some sense.  Here is how I have the roster

KP/WCS/Boban
Maxi/Powell/Bey
Luka/DFS/Jackson
THJ/Wright/Green
Richardson/Brunson/Terry

Wright might hang about a while longer until Green is ready for his spot.

Is Gallinari still in play?   

If I'm wrong about WCS, do we just sign a PF with the MLE and move Maxi or Powell to backup C?
Like Reply
I am just gonna assume the Mavs got Green right.  They did so well with the other picks and trade.  I think they have a couple more moves to make and I can't wait.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:47 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Depending on what happens with WCS, we have either 14 or 15 players.  Burke is a no-go now with Terry here.  Spending the MLE seems less likely as I still assume WCS will be here (maybe using some of the MLE).  A trade might make some sense.  Here is how I have the roster

KP/WCS/Boban
Maxi/Powell/Bey
Luka/DFS/Jackson
THJ/Wright/Green
Richardson/Brunson/Terry

If I'm wrong about WCS, do we just sign a PF with the MLE and move Maxi or Powell to backup C?

I think DFS starts at PF and the Mavs go with a 4 wings one big lineup.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:44 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:42 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I wouldnt get too attached to any of these three picks yet.  Might be included in some package for another starter.

[Image: tenor.gif?]

Bey is all I've ever wanted from the MBT when it comes to second round picks so that's probably who we'll move.  Terry seems like the most MBT pick of all time.
Like Reply
We will miss Seth. Don’t think Terry or Bey will play much but overall a good deal. We’re better and have more options. Richardson will be a beast of a two way player in Rick’s system
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:47 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I am just gonna assume the Mavs got Green right.

Yeah me too. I am going to revisit film on Green and try again to see what they might have seen.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:40 PM)donzingis38 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:28 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: I'm a little sad. I love Seth

Same here. Seth I felt was our 4th most important player. His shooting was so important. 

I pray the Mavs go and grab Buddy as well to replace that kind of shooting prowess.

Not a fan of this trade, man. Wtf

Seriously, guys? You're focused on the wrong thing, imo. 

By letting go of a great shooter, but one who is too small and with too slow of a release to shoot in super high volume, they picked up TWO young, athletic defenders, one of whom is a FREAK athlete who projects as a possible three position player, and the other who already has a ton of experience in the league and is ready to help RIGHT NOW. 

AND, they drafted a guy who might be better than Curry in a year, with a similar body type, skill set and more aggressive mentality. 

They don't MAKE better trades than this. 10/10 - would trade again..
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:47 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Depending on what happens with WCS, we have either 14 or 15 players.  Burke is a no-go now with Terry here.  Spending the MLE seems less likely as I still assume WCS will be here (maybe using some of the MLE).  A trade might make some sense.  Here is how I have the roster

KP/WCS/Boban
Maxi/Powell/Bey
Luka/DFS/Jackson
THJ/Wright/Green
Richardson/Brunson/Terry

I see it more like this (at least for now).  More trades wouldnt surprise me at all.  I dunno if they sign a 4 or a Curry replacement with the MLE.

KP/Powell/Boban
DFS/Maxi/Bey
Richardson/Green
THJ/Wright/Terry 
Luka/Brunson

Followill keeps saying they want to move Delon.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:49 PM)cow Wrote: Bey is all I've ever wanted from the MBT when it comes to second round picks so that's probably who we'll move.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:49 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: We will miss Seth. Don’t think Terry or Bey will play much but overall a good deal. We’re better and have more options. Richardson will be a beast of a two way player in Rick’s system

I think Terry is the most ready to play of the three rookies, and I'd be shocked if they aren't counting on him for floor spacing. Maybe not Curry's entire role right away, but I feel like he'll get some chances off the bench. 

Bey and Green might be adventures with Carlisle when he's trying to win, but I think they're both good picks, especially now that I can see the big picture of what they're doing.
Like Reply
Seth is playing for his father in law now.  He is going to a good home.  I can let go Smile
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:40 PM)donzingis38 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:28 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: I'm a little sad. I love Seth

Same here. Seth I felt was our 4th most important player. His shooting was so important. 

I pray the Mavs go and grab Buddy as well to replace that kind of shooting prowess.

Not a fan of this trade, man. Wtf

Seriously, guys? You're focused on the wrong thing, imo. 

By letting go of a great shooter, but one who is too small and with too slow of a release to shoot in super high volume, they picked up TWO young, athletic defenders, one of whom is a FREAK athlete who projects as a possible three position player, and the other who already has a ton of experience in the league and is ready to help RIGHT NOW. 

AND, they drafted a guy who might be better than Curry in a year, with a similar body type, skill set and more aggressive mentality. 

They don't MAKE better trades than this. 10/10 - would trade again..
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7btQlTGz.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:49 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: We will miss Seth. Don’t think Terry or Bey will play much but overall a good deal. We’re better and have more options. Richardson will be a beast of a two way player in Rick’s system

I loved Seth but I honestly think I loved the idea of Seth more than what was on the court. He was a light out shooter but rarely hunted for his shot. There were flashes where he'd go through a quarter and just start jacking it up and getting hot but there were SO many times where he just floated through games. I'm gonna miss him but I think it's more about the potential of what I thought he could be.
Like Reply
Morey paid us back for signing Parsons...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BryanKalbrosky/statu...7572431874

https://twitter.com/MavsDraft/status/132...5626972165
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:51 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:

KP/WCS/Boban
Maxi/Powell/Bey
Luka/DFS/Jackson
THJ/Wright/Green
Richardson/Brunson/Terry

I see it more like this (at least for now).  More trades wouldnt surprise me at all.

KP/Powell/Boban
DFS/Maxi/Bey
Richardson/Green
THJ/Wright/Terry 
Luka/Brunson

That 4th starter could be dictated by opponent. 

Where you put Luka and Richardson depends on if you are positioning by D or O.  Richardson will start guarding PG's, not Luka.  Luka will obviously be the high usage playmaker whatever you call him.  But, Richardson actually grades out as a better playmaker than Curry.  Part of the reason this is a good trade is Richardson can start because of his superior D.  Curry really couldn't start alongside THJ and Luka.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:57 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:

KP/WCS/Boban
Maxi/Powell/Bey
Luka/DFS/Jackson
THJ/Wright/Green
Richardson/Brunson/Terry

I see it more like this (at least for now).  More trades wouldnt surprise me at all.

KP/Powell/Boban
DFS/Maxi/Bey
Richardson/Green
THJ/Wright/Terry 
Luka/Brunson

Where you put Luka and Richardson depends on if you are positioning by D or O.  Richardson will start guarding PG's, not Luka.  Luka will obviously be the high usage playmaker whatever you call him.  But, Richardson actually grades out as a better playmaker than Curry.  Part of the reason this is a good trade is Richardson can start because of his superior D.  Curry really couldn't start alongside THJ and Luka.

Yeah I was gonna put a caveat about it doesnt really matter which position you put Luka, THJ, Richardson.

Still have the MLE.  And I put it better than 50/50 there will be another trade.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:55 PM)farhan583 Wrote: I loved Seth but I honestly think I loved the idea of Seth more than what was on the court. He was a light out shooter but rarely hunted for his shot.

Yeah, at that size, you really have to get shots off quickly (like his brother does). 

This is why people are always confused about what makes guys like KP or Dirk so elite. They see players like Steph work so hard to get space to get off the jumper, it doesn't really sink in how Dirk and KP don't even have to MOVE to have space, because they can always see the rim and their releases are high enough not to worry about ball pressure. 

I mean, Curry might be the most accurate shooter in the league, but even Kleber is worth more as a spacer, imo, and he shoots a freaking SET SHOT. 

I love Curry, don't get me wrong, and it's a cost, but if two of TBey, Terry or Richardson work out like they hope, you won't even remember Seth Curry's name next summer. It will be like when we were worried about whether DSJ and Luka could play together. Spoiler alert: turns out the answer was WHO CARES!
Like Reply
Mavs Goals:

-MLE to get a 4/5 to bolster the rotation while KP Recovers
-Try to Wright off the team (duh)
-Try to get some value out of Brunson. With Terry, I don't see Jalen in the long term plans.
-Try to upgrade THJ - With Curry gone and KP hurt, THJ is going to have to carry more of the load which worries me. Can he do it? I'm skeptical and if he does, I think that takes him out of our long term plans as well since I have no desire to give him a new contract approaching anything near his current contract.
-We need an offensive punch but are running low on assets to obtain someone. Maybe Balmer will do Cubes a favor with Lou.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:57 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:

KP/WCS/Boban
Maxi/Powell/Bey
Luka/DFS/Jackson
THJ/Wright/Green
Richardson/Brunson/Terry

KP/Powell/Boban
DFS/Maxi/Bey
Richardson/Green
THJ/Wright/Terry 
Luka/Brunson

This offseason was always about getting better defensively. I think the trend will continue with the MLE and whoever we trade for Wright
Like Reply