Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(11-18-2020, 11:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:28 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: I'm a little sad. I love Seth

We all do, but it's a small price to play for this amazing haul tonight.
MBT proving the doubters wrong once again...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
A+ night IMO
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:27 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: First off, the rookies don’t matter right now.  They are projects. Second, Curry is better than Richardson, who is a below average  NBA player by every metric I could find.  I’m good with a Curry trade, was just hoping to get an upgrade.
On second thought will give this a chance.  Raptor has Richardson as a decent defender/bad offensive player equal to though the opposite of Curry. Maybe there’s some positive salary implications or hopefully more to come.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:29 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Correct.  Richardson will guard the opposing PG.  I could see Maxi or Powell starting and DFS coming off the bench situationally.  I think Omahen was on Curry for Richardson early on in our off-season conversations.

I didn't dream we would also be able to get a pick. I would really explore THJ trade now. We also have Wright and Jackson contracts to dump. I am really enthusiastic about the possibilities now. Hayward for THJ or even Hield for THJ would make us a very good team.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:33 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:31 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:27 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Richardson, who is a below average  NBA player by every metric I could find.

He is a PLUS on/off court for the last three years.....the only metric that really matters IMO at the end of the day.

And he was killer on open 3's the year before in Miami (where he actually got open 3's).

Hopefully he reverts back to Miami Josh. Philly Josh sucked.
Like Reply
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/2/28/...at-feature
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:35 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:27 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Richardson, who is a below average  NBA player by every metric I could find.

He is a PLUS on/off court for the last three years.....the only metric that really matters IMO at the end of the day.

And he was killer on open 3's the year before in Miami (where he actually got open 3's).

That Philly roster was a mess.  I love his fit here.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:34 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:27 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: First off, the rookies don’t matter right now.  They are projects. Second, Curry is better than Richardson, who is a below average  NBA player by every metric I could find.  I’m good with a Curry trade, was just hoping to get an upgrade.
On second thought will give this a chance.  Raptor has Richardson as a decent defender/bad offensive player equal to though the opposite of Curry. Maybe there’s some positive salary implications or hopefully more to come.

Picturing Tyler Bey as Powell's long term replacement (offensively) ALONE should get you excited. 

And I agree that Green/Bey don't help much right away, but I'm SO GLAD they didn't fool themselves into thinking they were championship contenders and send assets out for Danny Green, Lou Williams, or whatever old guys. 

They are STILL BUILDING smartly.
Like Reply
This might top Donnie's trade up for Luka!!!

Holy ****!!! Highway robbery, getting rid of Seth for air would have been addition by subtraction. Now we get an elite athlete with elite measurables, elite defensive versatility AND Josh Richardson? Faith restored!
Like Reply
Exciting night! I had to come find my Mavs family. Good to see everyone here!
Like Reply
Do NOT be distracted from the most important part:

[Image: Amstock_BeyDunkPVAMU.gif]
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:35 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:

I'm hopeful.  Philly's offensive scheme was a hot mess.
Like Reply
That said we needed to get Bigger and more Physical. We did that!

I’m so sad to lose Curry. But it’s not about Curry, it’s about Luka! And we got a bunch of guys who have a chance to make us a better team.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Same here. Seth I felt was our 4th most important player. His shooting was so important. 

I pray the Mavs go and grab Buddy as well to replace that kind of shooting prowess.

Not a fan of this trade, man. Wtf
Like Reply
I wouldnt get too attached to any of these three picks yet.  Might be included in some package for another starter.
Like Reply
Things move quickly in that bunker - I wonder if the Mavs would have drafted Green instead of Saddiq if they knew they were going to be able to trade for Richardson. We have a ton of guards now, especially if Brunson isn't out-going in trade. Saddiq-Richardson-Terry-Tiger would have been a PERFECT night in my book.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:21 PM)cow Wrote: Buddy Love time.

Hummmm? Interesting idea.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:40 PM)donzingis38 Wrote:

Same here. Seth I felt was our 4th most important player. His shooting was so important.

I pray the Mavs go and grab Buddy as well to replace that kind of shooting prowess.

Not a fan of this trade, man. Wtf

TFB. Terry replaces Seth, and the Mavs pick up two athletic, defensive players.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:42 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I wouldnt get too attached to any of these three picks yet.  Might be included in some package for another starter.

[Image: tenor.gif?]
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:31 PM)cow Wrote:

Problem is, what can you give the Kings?  THJ + ???

King would probably be pretty happy to get THJ on an expiring, tbh.    They're going to have to max out Deandre Fox in the very near future and Bagley won't be too far behind and they're still paying ear$20 for Barnes until 2023. They took two guards tonight who are high end 3 point shooters, so they apprently are getting ready for contingency plans.
Like Reply