Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NO List
(11-18-2020, 11:42 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:40 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: My NO list (involving #18):

- Everyone above 32 years-old;
- Guys that can't defend;
- Guys that are not starters on their teams.

Perfect. I have a couple of trades you'd love then. 

How about Luka for John Wall? Or Luka+KP for Russell Westbrook?

It would have to be Luka + #18 for Wall. Luka + KP + #31 for Russ seems fair.
Like Reply
Luka and KP for Hayward lol.  Ainge would make Donnie give 31 "to make it fair".
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:05 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Imagine if someone would actually come up with something to do instead of just saying no all the time. Let´s just wait for 2025. Free agent class looks great. No player under contract so far.

It's not that we all say no all the time, it's no matter what anyone likes, SOMEONE will say no. 

During the time we've discussed all this, I've been all-in on Hayward twice and Rubio. People straight up believed I was trolling. 

I WOULD TRADE FOR RUBIO. That's what I come up with. Sorry you don't like it, pal!
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 01:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:05 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Imagine if someone would actually come up with something to do instead of just saying no all the time. Let´s just wait for 2025. Free agent class looks great. No player under contract so far.

It's not that we all say no all the time, it's no matter what anyone likes, SOMEONE will say no. 

During the time we've discussed all this, I've been all-in on Hayward twice and Rubio. People straight up believed I was trolling. 

I WOULD TRADE FOR RUBIO. That's what I come up with. Sorry you don't like it, pal!

Rubio is one of the better options. Easily better than Dinwindie.
It´s a shame that you missed last years free agency. The first few days had some real end of the world vibs.
Entire league signing big names or guys that were rumored to be Mavs targets while Donnie and Mark are having a nice wine and dine evening with KP. Feels like we are in for a repeat.
Like Reply
maybe so df98

But I might be ok with an incremental upgradade + Nesmith
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 01:56 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: It´s a shame that you missed last years free agency. The first few days had some real end of the world vibs.
Entire league signing big names or guys that were rumored to be Mavs targets while Donnie and Mark are having a nice wine and dine evening with KP.

I want to believe that I would have the same, measured, level-headed outlook on it that I do now, in hindsight. But you're probably right - I probably would've been tearing my hair out at the time. 

It's easier to stay calm right now, because they have no picks or cap space. It's clearly a small target they're trying to hit.
Like Reply
You stole this from me? Where are my royalties?
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 01:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I WOULD TRADE FOR RUBIO.

I am still in there, just not for #18 (without getting back #25 or something). And Rubio is WAY better than Dinwiddie.
Like Reply
I just hate that every single Euro FA (or Gordon Hayward) automatically gets lumped in with the Mavs: ""Oh, you're a Euro FA (or Gordon Hayward)? - Marc Cuban will take care of you."

That's such lazy-ass rumor mongering...
Like Reply
I agree with Drummond and Boogie.

Hayward and Dipo would depend on the price.
Like Reply
Blake Griffin
Like Reply
Aldridge 

Fit is important. No reason to grab random pieces that don't fit. We're not desperate. Bad teams grab random names and throw them together with no actual plan. We don't have to do that.
Like Reply
Aldridge is the kind of guy you get when you are one of the favorites and he is willing to come cheap for a chance to win. 
Let's say next year we get a Kawhi/Giannis type of player, Aldridge is 36 at the time, from Dallas and already has done everything other than winning a chip. If he wants to come cheaply I will do it.
Other than that, thanks but no.
Like Reply