https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/132...4473076739

https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1328561738787270658
Like Reply
Hey Kamm...is is 2020 and 2021 first?

Or 2021 and 2022?
Like Reply
My bad, good catch!
Like Reply
I think Woj originally said what you originally posted.  Then he corrected himself.
Like Reply
By the way I consider this a total desperation move by POR to try to figure out a way to get Dame over the top.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 12:38 AM)Kammrath Wrote: By the way I consider this a total desperation move by POR to try to figure out a way to get Dame over the top.

RoCo is good, but idk if he's two first round picks good.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 12:38 AM)Kammrath Wrote: By the way I consider this a total desperation move by POR to try to figure out a way to get Dame over the top.

And they are totally right here. Their window is closing and they own it to Dame. 
And Roco is just what they need. 

If I'm Portland I'd do it eleven times out of ten.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 01:00 AM)Mapka Wrote:

And they are totally right here. Their window is closing and they own it to Dame. 
And Roco is just what they need. 

If I'm Portland I'd do it eleven times out of ten.

Agreed.  Convince Millsap to sign and that's a squad.
Like Reply
Worth it for Portland. The Lillard window is coming to an end and they are going all out for 1-2 more deep playoff runs.

Lillard
McCollum
Trent/Hood
RoCo/Collins
Nurkic

They still have Simmons and Little on rookie deals for some depth. Add a backup big like Millsap and the Blazers are a top 4 team in the west.
Mavs better make some upgrades as well if they want to make the playoffs.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 02:26 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs better make some upgrades as well if they want to make the playoffs.

This
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 02:28 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 02:26 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs better make some upgrades as well if they want to make the playoffs.

This

Well, maybe your LaVine deal comes through tomorrow. Maybe it's Hield. 

Whatever they do, I just hope it's SMART. I hate to say this, but I hope they don't panic, even if it means missing the playoffs for one year. I don't think they will fall out of the top 8, but I admit it's getting more plausible.
Like Reply
Hmmmm, I guess we didn't really have the assets to match this deal but it makes me mad that he is yet again on the move and not coming here. I myself would pay 2 firsts for an all defensive player who can also score.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 02:32 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Maybe it's Hield.

Up to now, I think Schroeder and Bogdanovic were sold cheaply, Mavs could get into those two deals if they wanted. 

I think 2021 free agency has just become an illusion, so long term salary should not be a problem. Assuming Harden to Nets will happen, this leaves two contenders desperate for splashy moves - Philly and Denver. Philly needs shooters badly and they might drive the price up. Otherwise, if Sacramento is willing to trade Hield, THJ for Hield seems fair. 

Philly also needs a good playmaker. Is there even one available?

(11-17-2020, 02:57 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Hmmmm, I guess we didn't really have the assets to match this deal but it makes me mad that he is yet again on the move and not coming here. I myself would pay 2 firsts for an all defensive player who can also score.

It is very simple. At one point Mavs will have to start paying. Sure, we can wait till 2021 free agency, but how much is really left there?
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 03:27 AM)omahen Wrote: It is very simple. At one point Mavs will have to start paying. Sure, we can wait till 2021 free agency, but how much is really left there?

We have to convey a first to New York before we start paying big. That puts us in the '22 range.
Like Reply
Is this a new approval of the incompetence of the MIN - FO?

Feels like it to me. They traded him at the DL to preserve his value and are ,after paying Evan Turners last year, stuck now with a leaving Beasly, no POs and one pick instead of two.

Never got this trade from the beginning ...

Wolves got underpaid without being in a hurry.
Hawks overpaid for Capella
Rockets????
And Denver swished in and took the price for close to nothing.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:01 AM)Mapka Wrote: Is this a new approval of the incompetence of the MIN - FO?

Feels like it to me. They traded him at the DL to preserve his value and are ,after paying Evan Turners last year, stuck now with a leaving Beasly, no POs and one pick instead of two.

Never got this trade from the beginning ...

Wolves got underpaid without being in a hurry.
Hawks overpaid for Capella
Rockets????
And Denver swished in and took the price for close to nothing.

On the plus side, they figured out how to get rid of Wiggins.  Then again, they are building around Towns and Russell which feels more like a team that could get you to the playoffs every year but never make any noise.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:01 AM)Mapka Wrote: Hawks overpaid for Capella

??? They gave a late FRP for him. How is that an overpay?
Like Reply
This puts Por in the top 4-5 teams in the West talk (easily if they get Millsap). Hou is out now even if they come back with Harden at this point IMO.

Ariza could've been any expiring player and for Por, he was an end of the rotation player. They just picked up the best glue guy for an end of rotation player and 2 FRPs. That is for sure worth. I don't think this is driving up the cost of players, this is an on-par trade valuation. Both teams got what they needed out of the deal in fairness. 

Next year's Por pick is gonna be a pretty late first, but if Hou packages that with their (tanking) pick, it might be enough to move them up a couple spots.

LaL, LaC, GSW, Por, Den

That is your current WC power teams. List can change cause this is only the first day of the offseason.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:24 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:01 AM)Mapka Wrote: Hawks overpaid for Capella

??? They gave a late FRP for him. How is that an overpay?

Yeah a first (and a second) for taking a player who is average, overpaid, and attainable for the MLE or less into capspace. 
They could have taken RoCo...
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 05:05 AM)Mapka Wrote: Yeah a first (and a second) for taking a player who is average, overpaid, and attainable for the MLE or less into capspace.

Then we have to agree to disagree. I don't think those are adverbs to describe Capella.
Like Reply