Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: CP3 to PHX | Oubre, Rubio, '22 1st to OKC
(11-17-2020, 11:14 AM)omahen Wrote: As far as Dirk not liking him - wasn't that a statement done like "10 years" ago? People change and Schroeder looked very focused in OKC. Perhaps he just needs a strong personality to keep him in line.

This.
Schruuder has matured a LOT since they've played together for our national team back in '13. Plus, the issue was mainly on-court chemistry, as they had never played together for any meaningful minutes before.
Schrayder is still a highly polarizing figure among german fans, despite him being a top-5 PG on the international level, and our best player by far. People are strange...

Oh, and you guys know how laid back Dirk is, there's no one whom he truly does not like. With one notable exception out of South Beach...
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 01:51 PM)Davevoid Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 11:14 AM)omahen Wrote: As far as Dirk not liking him - wasn't that a statement done like "10 years" ago? People change and Schroeder looked very focused in OKC. Perhaps he just needs a strong personality to keep him in line.

This.
Schruuder has matured a LOT since they've played together for our national team back in '13. Plus, the issue was mainly on-court chemistry, as they had never played together for any meaningful minutes before.
Schrayder is still a highly polarizing figure among german fans, despite him being a top-5 PG on the international level, and our best player by far. People are strange...

Oh, and you guys know how laid back Dirk is, there's no one whom he truly does not like. With one notable exception out of South Beach...

Not an expert when it comes to the german national team but athletic PGs like Schroder tend to struggle in FIBA games. Different rules, smaller court and most of the time worse spacing tends to favor guys like Doncic, Teodosic, Rubio, Ginobili or Dragic. Whenever I saw Schroder play in the national team he looked like DSJ 2.0.
Simpy a different game. Giannis for example looked really bad in the world cup. Oldman Anderson Varejao dominated him. 40 year old Scola was the best player of the tournament.
You already pointed out that Schroder matured a lot but he used to make terrible decisions and had zero awareness and bad court vision. Always playing at full speed and turning the ball over at an all time high rate. I think he only played one tournament with Dirk and my only lasting memory of both is Dirk asking for the ball in the post while Schroder happily wasted the entire shot clock. Usually the possession ended with a 1vs3 Schroder drive or a bricked 3.
Like Reply
Ja, you're not wrong, but it's complicated. Tongue 

I'll try to answer in depth tomorrow.
Like Reply