Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived
Embiid has a partial meniscus tear, like Porzingis had in the playoffs last year. Instead of shutting him down like the Mavs did with Porzingis, he's playing. I wouldn't judge his abilities on today's game or even this series.
Like Reply
Philly is just missing shots.. If they can get some to fall, they're back in it.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 02:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Embiid has a partial meniscus tear, like Porzingis had in the playoffs last year. Instead of shutting him down like the Mavs did with Porzingis, he's playing. I wouldn't judge his abilities on today's game or even this series.

Meniscus tears can be very different, so it is just unfair to compare it like that.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 02:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Embiid has a partial meniscus tear, like Porzingis had in the playoffs last year. Instead of shutting him down like the Mavs did with Porzingis, he's playing.

FYI -- KP played on the torn meniscus for 2 games and averaged 28/10 before getting shut down.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 02:34 PM)Tyler Wrote: FYI -- KP played on the torn meniscus for 2 games and averaged 28/10 before getting shut down.

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that right now, Embiid is not 100%. That's it. I wasn't comparing their manhood scores.

(06-06-2021, 02:31 PM)omahen Wrote: Meniscus tears can be very different, so it is just unfair to compare it like that.

Very true. I have torn mine, so I know. 

But ANY type of meniscus tear results in a less than ideal situation.
Like Reply
Hawks hang on, barely. This is gonna be a good series.
Like Reply
Hawks just too much talent...if they win this series then I can see them pushing the Nets to the max too
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 02:47 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Hawks just too much talent...if they win this series then I can see them pushing the Nets to the max too

I doubt that...

But it's funny how people here were clowning the Hawks for all the bad contracts they were giving out.  Capela and Bogdan are balling while the Mavs can't find a single guy to help Luka.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 04:40 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I doubt that...

But it's funny how people here were clowning the Hawks for all the bad contracts they were giving out.  Capela and Bogdan are balling while the Mavs can't find a single guy to help Luka.

The Mavs had to win today and win game one against the Jazz to break even with the Hawks. The MBT should hang their heads in shame over their "work" over the past two years. Remove Luka from the Mavs and Trae from the Hawks, and they easily sweep us in a seven-game series.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 05:27 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The Mavs had to win today and win game one against the Jazz to break even with the Hawks. The MBT should hang their heads in shame over their "work" over the past two years. Remove Luka from the Mavs and Trae from the Hawks, and they easily sweep us in a seven-game series.

The Hawks beat the freaking Knicks in the first round and will lose to the 76ers in the 2nd round. Our opponent was a contender and we took them to game 7. Nothing more to say about this. Our team isn't as bad as many people see it here. A few tweaks here and there and we are a contender. But most important is to figure out the KP situation: Integrate him as a secondary scorer into an offensive system or trade him. But don't do anything in between. He has to get back to become close to bubble KP level too, of course.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 05:36 PM)Time Machine Dirk Wrote: The Hawks beat the freaking Knicks in the first round and will lose to the 76ers in the 2nd round. Our opponent was a contender and we took them to game 7. Nothing more to say about this. Our team isn't as bad as many people see it here. A few tweaks here and there and we are a contender. But most important is to figure out the KP situation: Integrate him as a secondary scorer into an offensive system or trade him. But don't do anything in between. He has to get back to become close to bubble KP level too, of course.

If by "a few tweaks here and there" you mean, replacing all of these tools other than Luka and DFS (and THJ at a reasonable price), then you're right. If you meant anything else, horse$hit.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 05:27 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The Mavs had to win today and win game one against the Jazz to break even with the Hawks. The MBT should hang their heads in shame over their "work" over the past two years. Remove Luka from the Mavs and Trae from the Hawks, and they easily sweep us in a seven-game series.

Can we not overlook the fact that the Clippers are vastly superior in every way compared to the Knicks. They're also better than the 76ers.

Like the East has always been a cakewalk. If the Mavs were there they'd be ECF contenders nearly every year.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 05:44 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Can we not overlook the fact that the Clippers are vastly superior in every way compared to the Knicks. They're also better than the 76ers.

If Embiid is hampered by his injury, I agree. 

Clippers are one of the few teams talented enough to win it all. That doesn't remove the sting of losing a series that you somehow managed to start off 2-0 on the road, but we shouldn't act like playing LAC compares to playing the Knicks. Agreed.
Like Reply
Amazing how such a journeyman coach like a McMillan is doing. From Supersonics (Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis) to Trail Blazers (Aldridge, Brandon Roy) to Pacers (Oladipo, Turner) and now stepping up from assistant to headcoach of the Hakws, stealing a game from 76ers. 

If you told me in the middle of the season that Trae Young and the Hawks were going to do better than the Mavs, I'd called you crazy.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 06:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If Embiid is hampered by his injury, I agree. 

Clippers are one of the few teams talented enough to win it all. That doesn't remove the sting of losing a series that you somehow managed to start off 2-0 on the road, but we shouldn't act like playing LAC compares to playing the Knicks. Agreed.

HISTORIC EPIC FAIL.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 07:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: HISTORIC EPIC FAIL.

I mean...it sucks, yes. 

But, just for a second, consider the idea that the Clippers were so much better than Dallas that they should've won the series in 4 or 5 games to begin with. If you accept that as true, does it really matter that they spotted Dallas two games?
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 07:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I mean...it sucks, yes. 

But, just for a second, consider the idea that the Clippers were so much better than Dallas that they should've won the series in 4 or 5 games to begin with. If you accept that as true, does it really matter that they spotted Dallas two games?

Dallas's fluky "better on the road" tendencies aside, winning the first two road games against an opponent would generally indicate you're quite a bit better than they are. Dallas's problem was that it was really Luka who was better than the Clippers, and he couldn't sustain doing it on his own. 

However you slice it, I fail to be unconvinced that losing after that start is cause for anything less than paper bag wearing fandom.
Like Reply
THJ was on fire the first 2 games.  That was the difference.

Outside of that, we didn't have much of a shot.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status...3757726720
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 08:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status...3757726720

This has always bothered me...does the 8 second rule not apply in that situation?
Like Reply