Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived
(02-19-2021, 07:10 PM)cow Wrote: It's certainly baseless.

Oh it is 100%. I don't know. Just haven't seen someone so athletic like him, and maintain that athleticism well into his late thirties, except maybe Karl Malone.

Either he's a freak, which is likely. Or he's doing some illicit recovery steroids that helps him maintain a level of athleticism that would otherwise not be possible at his age. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't doing steroids. I also wouldn't be surprised if we find out he was doing steroids.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Lakers and Heat both went all out to lose the game. Just a really strange season. The finals rematch looked like a g-league game.
Wes Matthews has to be the greatest locker room guy/coaches pet in the league. RC, Budenholzer and now Vogel. Washed up but still starting.
Like Reply
Tonight was basically a perfect night for the Mavs. Warriors, Grizzlies, Portland, and Kings all lose heartbreakers/games they shouldn't have lost.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...9461081098
Like Reply
Delon Wright out for two weeks with groin strain, leads the Pistons in assists and steals.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3094...oin-strain
Like Reply
(02-21-2021, 03:17 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...9461081098

Dwight Powell works.  :p
Like Reply
(02-20-2021, 12:45 AM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: Eupa6NFXIAAaBRX?format=jpg&name=large]

He's gonna catch a lot more bodies in his career. That dunk was gruesome.
Like Reply
(02-21-2021, 04:04 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: He's gonna catch a lot more bodies in his career. That dunk was gruesome.

It was....one of the top 20 in game dunks I have ever seen. Glad you checked it out....wondered if anyone else even bothered to look at it....?
Like Reply
(02-21-2021, 05:23 PM)Kammrath Wrote: It was....one of the top 20 in game dunks I have ever seen. Glad you checked it out....wondered if anyone else even bothered to look at it....?

Sportscenter says that was top 10 all time. Gotta check out a feature on there called "Posterized"  All the great dunks in NBA history.

Zion just took Tristan Thompson's cornbread.
Like Reply
(02-20-2021, 02:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Oh it is 100%. I don't know. Just haven't seen someone so athletic like him, and maintain that athleticism well into his late thirties, except maybe Karl Malone.

Either he's a freak, which is likely. Or he's doing some illicit recovery steroids that helps him maintain a level of athleticism that would otherwise not be possible at his age. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't doing steroids. I also wouldn't be surprised if we find out he was doing steroids.

Steroids do not help you maintain athleticism. It helps with recovery but not going to give someone athletic ability that they don’t have as they age. He has always been a freak of nature. Father Time will catch up with him. For now he is still a freak. 

I respect him for always coming in shape. The Lakers had a more grueling season and yet Bron showed up in shape despite all the mileage and titles before the one last year. Luka in his 3rd year came fat and out of shape.
Like Reply

1. You'd be in excellent shape at 36 too, if you spent the money LeBron does.  He spends close to a mil a year on his body, and he drinks plenty of wine. Smile
Like Reply
Brooklyn is starting to look legit to me, despite the defensive shortcomings. I mean, they score so easy, and they've won 6 straight, 5 on the road against the West, without KD. Harden like him or not, has been brilliant running the team. They play the Mavs next Saturday night, KD should be back, must see TV.
Like Reply
(02-21-2021, 10:02 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: Steroids do not help you maintain athleticism. It helps with recovery but not going to give someone athletic ability that they don’t have as they age

In a roundabout way, don't steroids help with athleticism though? 

Hypothetically a player has less downtime needed between workouts/games/practices, and can do more while in the gym. Those steroids let him at 36 work out more than he would otherwise be able to. Bigger, healthier muscles--> better athleticism no? I'm not talking about his agility, but just his brute strength that lets him overpower guys. 

Again this is all for naught because this is a wild conspiracy theory anyways.
Like Reply
(02-22-2021, 12:05 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: In a roundabout way, don't steroids help with athleticism though? 

Hypothetically a player has less downtime needed between workouts/games/practices, and can do more while in the gym. Those steroids let him at 36 work out more than he would otherwise be able to. Bigger, healthier muscles--> better athleticism no? I'm not talking about his agility, but just his brute strength that lets him overpower guys. 

Again this is all for naught because this is a wild conspiracy theory anyways.

First you talked about athleticism. Now brute strength. Satnam Singh would have been a great player if brute strength mattered.  Plus even great players of the past should have been great at 35 if they got 3 days of rest to compensate for Bron’s recovery if you talk about steroids helping him in that.  That has not been the case. Bron is indeed a freak of nature. 

The thing with Bron is that he is a great basketball player (what doesn’t he do well?) who is also blessed with great innate athleticism. Then he works hard off the courts to stay in shape.  The one that I suspect is Federer. When athletes have slipped in their early 30s and then come back better later like a Clemons it has always been due to doping. Nature does not magically give 2nd winds. One can say all about how he plays a fluid game, but it is a grueling sport and he was out there running around for 4 hours with players almost 15 years younger than he is. Plus reports are he gets some favorable tester  That is my conspiracy theory ?
Like Reply
(02-22-2021, 12:27 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: First you talked about athleticism

I don't want to get into semantics but strength is very much included in the realm of athleticism. 

But I see your point. I'm not married to the idea that Bron is a roid rager (though his receding hairline does make me ask questions Smile ), was more just throwing out a wild theory cause I was bored as hell. 

Now Federer being a doper would certainly be close to the same level as LeRoidMan, that's for sure. The Tennis world will be turned upside down. At least the debate between him and Nadal/Djokovic would finally die.
Like Reply
(02-22-2021, 01:13 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't want to get into semantics but strength is very much included in the realm of athleticism. 

But I see your point. I'm not married to the idea that Bron is a roid rager (though his receding hairline does make me ask questions Smile ), was more just throwing out a wild theory cause I was bored as hell. 

Now Federer being a doper would certainly be close to the same level as LeRoidMan, that's for sure. The Tennis world will be turned upside down. At least the debate between him and Nadal/Djokovic would finally die.

There is no debate.  Nadal is a treasure.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...8564706309
Like Reply
Really interesting they couldn't even get a second round pick for him. I guess his only good game was against Dallas. Even more interesting is they guaranteed his contract like a week ago. Fertitta trying to change his image around the league? Smile

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...9016361985
Like Reply
I mean, wouldja? If the Mavs are looking for a big body, he's that.
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 10:36 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I mean, wouldja? If the Mavs are looking for a big body, he's that.

Hand him the keys to the second unit.  Go get buckets.
Like Reply